What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best facebook app for ipad

Macette

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just found MyPad2 much better than Friendly for Facebook . Definitely a Keeper !

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How come? I opted for Friendly since it allows for posting pictures taken within the app, rather than having to use the cam and then adding the pic from the album. I found this much more to my liking. Maybe you don't include that many pics in your posts, eh?

Apart from this, why is MyPad+ (isn't it?) better, would you say? I have them both.

//Stefan

pbrameld

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi There, I too have tried the other apps for FB but have found Friendly the best, it uses all the features FB has to offer from within the app.

The navigation is also good

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Posted yesterday on I-lounge News section..
http://www.ilounge.com/mobile#_home

Facebook is planning to launch a native iPad app in the “coming weeks,” according to a new report. Citing people briefed on Facebook’s plans, the New York Times reports that the new application will be free, and has been specifically designed and optimized to take full advantage of the iPad. According to the report, the app has been in development for almost a year, and is now in the final stages of testing after going through several design iterations. While the Chat and Groups features have undergone overhauls for the launch, the photo sharing features—including the ability to shoot and upload photos and videos directly from the iPad 2’s cameras—will likely grab the most attention. “The photo and video experience is amazing, offering full resolution and full-screen images,” said a person who has seen the app. Facebook currently offers no iPad-optimized experience via an app or the web, instead directing users to the service’s standard desktop website.

Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg was asked about plans for such an app last November, and responded by stating that the “iPad is not mobile,” before Facebook’s mobile platform chief Eric Tseng clarified by indicating that Facebook considers the iPad to be part of a whole new class of devices, and not a mobile platform in the same way that a phone is.

Sent from my iPhone/iPad using iPF

OP
Macette

Macette

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Coffeeboy said:
How come? I opted for Friendly since it allows for posting pictures taken within the app, rather than having to use the cam and then adding the pic from the album. I found this much more to my liking. Maybe you don't include that many pics in your posts, eh?

Apart from this, why is MyPad+ (isn't it?) better, would you say? I have them both.

//Stefan

Your right I don't post a lot of photos but love the way MyPad works found Friendly a lot slower to load and don't get much feed most of the time. Just tried loading a pic on MyPad and got it on ok. Saw another one on utube think it was called touchforFacebook.com and it seems quite good as well but Facebook is about to come out with it's own iPad app. I'm running the 3 of them so far but am using mypad most often. Will see what facebooks own app is like when it comes. So far none of them have pages like the iPhone . That you can "like" :(

sir_ben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Friendly but I find something weird about it. Every time I post a photo to my Wall, it always shows up on my "Pet Society" photo album... why not on the "Wall Photos" album? If I try and look for the "Wall Photos" album manually and upload it there, I can't seem to find it... Any suggestions?

onedog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum and iPad. I am not liking how Utube links from my friends appear. They are full foot with the play button showing, is that the way the sender is posting? It's taking a lot of space up...thanx

Most reactions

Latest posts