What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Customer Service Ever

darrinaltman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have all heard the stories but I just had to share this one. On Wednesday, using the Target search tool thread, I found the 32g iPad 2 I wanted.

It had what I saw as a stuck pixel on one side of the screen. It was a black pixel that stood out with any light background.

I decided I wouldn't be happy because I know myself (self diagnosed OCD) so I asked my wife to take it to the Apple Store and see if they would exchange it since she was free yesterday. I had read on the Internet that they consider up to 2 normal so I was a little bummed.

Anyways, wife shows up at 9:00am on Friday and there is a line of at least 100. She explains to the Apple sales guy when he comes out to tell the line that they only have a few for sale, why she is there. She is taken in the store before anyone else, they look at iPad at the Genius Bar and tell her it's not a bad pixel but rather a speck under the glass and they immediately retrieve a new box and swap the iPad. No problems, no argument, nothing. IMO no other large company offers such excellent customer service.

While writing this I just rememb

iPad Crazy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's been my experience with Apple. Great products and service. Service is the missing link for many companies, but not with Apple.

I have had similar experiences... So I can totally relate. It's all part of what you get when you buy Apple products. Nice post and good reminder to all of us!

OP
D

darrinaltman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, hit send mid sentence.

I just remembered way back when I bought an iPod video 5 I think, on day one I scratched the face of it and tried to remove the scratch with some cleaner I had in garage. Well, great move, the cleaner melted the plastic face of the iPod.

Totally my fault. I called Apple and explained exactly what I did, the guy laughed and said no problem. They shipped me a brand new one and a return box for the one I ruined.

People wonder why I'm a Apple Fan Boy. Several iPhones, 1, 2, 3, 3GS, 4, Mac Pro, 3 MacBook Pros and 2 Airs.

Sorry - a lot off topic by now.

Most reactions

Latest posts