What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Buy or Apple Store

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Neither

I always shop at apple.com. Service with a smile, delivery at your home (or work), same "factory" warranty, and they are open 24x7.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If apple store is local then might as well buy it from there, saying that nothing wrong with buying apple products from BB

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

Dee Ashley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.houseofwags.com
I ordered our ipad2s from the on-line store. I never thought about Best Buy for my ipad purchases. But if it qualifies for the bonus points, I might think about buying there. You can use the certificates from the bonus points for accessories.

leey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to turn to the Apple Store, and as you said, it's local, so you could use it and have a experience yourself! :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always shop at apple.com. Service with a smile, delivery at your home (or work), same "factory" warranty, and they are open 24x7.

I bought two iPads from Apple.com. It's fine unless you want to make an exchange or return, because they make you ship back the iPad if you want your money back. Otherwise, the best they can do for you at the Apple store is give you a gift card for the amount. Kind of annoying, because I was trying to get an iPad with more GBs when there were shortages, and you had to wait additional weeks at Apple.com or take your chances and line up at an Apple store if you wanted to use your gift card for another iPad. I still have an Apple gift card for whatever the 32GB iPad was going for, because I had quicker luck getting a 64GB at Best Buy.

Maybe Apple stores have since changed their policy, but it was a pain, considering the stores are owned by the company (at least the ones I've gone to).

OP
Yachtman

Yachtman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone. I ended up buying an iMac from the Apple Store and will buy the iPad2 in a few weeks, or maybe wait till iPad 3 is out.

I will say that the buying process was wonderful. They set the unit up and got me going with some basics, and I'll be attending some of their classes too. Since I'm switching to the Apple/Mac systems, this should be a huge help for me. I feel the extra warr was worth it. Not inexpensive by any means, but worth it to me.

Thanks again, and I'll see you when I purchase the iPad!!

Yachtman

Most reactions