What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Buy Giving Away free MiFis with iPads

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

9to5Mac has spotted that Best Buy has started selling “iPad Anywhere†bundles, comprising a 16GB, 32GB or 64GB WiFi-only iPad, packaged with a Verizon, AT&T or Sprint Mobile Hotspot. In order to take advantage of the deal, you’ll also be required to sign up for a two-year activation contract with one of the three carriers. 9to5Mac points out two very important facts about the deal – firstly, that Best Buy’s bundle is a whopping $130 cheaper than the iPad plus MiFi bundle at Verizon’s own stores, and secondly, that the offer only lasts until January 2, 2011. If you haven’t already considered getting a WiFi-only iPad with a Mobile Hotspot and saving the extra money it would cost to get a WiFi + 3G iPad, then they really are worth a look. The actual MiFi units are so tiny and portable they can fit in your pocket, making them the perfect way of connecting your iPad to the internet if you’re not that bothered about having 3G.

Source: 9to5Mac Best Buy bundling free Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T MiFis with iPads, contract required | 9 to 5 Mac Best Buy bundling free Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T MiFis with iPads, contract required | Apple Intelligence

emm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not such a great deal because of the required contract. You could spend $600 a year for the data contract. Better to go with Virgin Mobile which offers either a 10 day or month-by-month mi-fi plan with no commitment and up to five devices on the mi-fi card.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a mifi user.. Stay away if AT&T has service in your area. They more pain than anyhing

rdgamblr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You also could get your Ipad anywhere and then goto verizon to get the mifi. They sell them without the ipad for free on a 2yr contract. I have no idea why anyone would purchase one through VZW and pay.

Also the 3gb plan isn't bad if you have wifi at home at only $35 per month.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not such a great deal because of the required contract. You could spend $600 a year for the data contract. Better to go with Virgin Mobile which offers either a 10 day or month-by-month mi-fi plan with no commitment and up to five devices on the mi-fi card.

Clear has a similar device called iSpot 4G for $99. No contract, $25/month unlimited, but it only works with iDevices.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Portable wifi is such a great idea! It's just too expensive! These greedy telecom companies are pricing themselves out of the market!! I'm not gonna pay $30 a month for a 2GB cap or $60 for a 5GB cap...that is ridiculous!! They need to do it like home service...your price determines your speed!! You want dialup speed you pay $15 a month...low end DSL speed $20 a month....super high speed $80 a month. THAT is something I would get behind! I have no problem with my $60 a month very fast home internet connection with unlimited bandwidth!! I would pay it again for a mobile version! Technically tho you should be able to get your home service on the GO!! But that's another scam all together!

JohnMorris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is a good offer to get iPad with Wi-Fi. The deal provides wonderful opportunity for customers to get an iPad with WIFI Connectivity for free.

Most reactions

Latest posts