What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Bluetooth iPad Headphones

iPad 2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been thinking of a few things to truly complete my iPad 2 experience, and one thing that I thought would be awesome would be the ability to dock my iPad whilst listening to audiobooks or music with bluetooth headphones.

Y'see, since I'm a little more nocturnal than my folks, I like to be listening to my music past conventional bedtimes, so some bluetooth headphones that are iPad compatible would be just what I need. :)

I've found these [shill link deleted - DM51] that look stunning and have a nice summary, but has anyone had any experience with them before?

Last edited by a moderator:

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well they certainly pass the cool factor test although this is the first I’ve heard/seen of them. I’m not a fan of Bluetooth devices as the technology in my experience isn’t quite there yet. Issues of latency and battery drain on the host device, etc. Notwithstanding, if wireless is a listening goal, then they're as good as any.

During my last travel trip I used a conventional set of headphones and they were fantastic! Unfortunately, they took up valuable space and made my carry-on look like a Gypsy wagon! Personally, I’m in the market right this very day for a quality set of ear buds. Besides, they can be used in more venues than wireless headphones and they may well last longer to boot.
:rolleyes:

More to say... Here's a link that may be useful: http://www.headphone.com/

Last edited:

stevenareardon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a set of the Bose Ear Buds for $99.00 was a little apprehensive, but wow they are absolutely great. Well with the money . Awesome sound.. Highs...lows.... And ,I'd.

Reaction score
I've been thinking of a few things to truly complete my iPad 2 experience, and one thing that I thought would be awesome would be the ability to dock my iPad whilst listening to audiobooks or music with bluetooth headphones.

Y'see, since I'm a little more nocturnal than my folks, I like to be listening to my music past conventional bedtimes, so some bluetooth headphones that are iPad compatible would be just what I need. :)

I've found these Jaybird wireless headphones that look stunning and have a nice summary, but has anyone had any experience with them before?

They sound very nice for bluetooth, they have a rich natural sound but any bluetooth will have a less stereo effect sound than their corded counter parts. if you aren't an audiophile you'll probably really enjoy them.they are perfect for being active but sound a little mono if you listen for it.
If suggest being them from someone with a good return policy in case you don't like them but you probably will like them

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my Galaxy 10.1 via Swype, SlideIt or Ultra Keyboard

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
During my last travel trip I used a conventional set of headphones and they were fantastic! Unfortunately, they took up valuable space and made my carry-on look like a Gypsy wagon! Personally, I’m in the market right this very day for a quality set of ear buds. Besides, they can be used in more venues than wireless headphones and they may well last longer to boot.
:rolleyes:

More to say... Here's a link that may be useful: HeadRoom: Stereo Headphones, Amps & DACs, Wireless, Noise Canceling, Ear Canal, Earbud, Audio Cables & Accessories

I've used Shure earbuds for years. I prefer the "in canal" noise isolating versions. They're a revelation in terms of sound. The SE215 is a new model and well worth the $100-$120 price.

If you prefer headphones, however, and want a pair that can be folded into a small space and still sound fantastic, check out the Sennheiser PX100-II and PX200-II models. Each provides extraordinary sound for the price and can be worn for hours without fatigue.

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello 'jsh1120',
Actually, I'm considering the Shure product line but I'm on the fence as to the specific model. Found a set of SE535 at a discount due to the 'returned/used' status and the price is tempting. I don't mind paying for quality but they're still up there $ and I only get a 60-day warranty with no factory support.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I'm in the market for some BT headphones but have been somewhat disappointed w/ negative comments - own plenty of corded compact types which work fine & are easy to pack.

Looking forward to additional comments and will certainly review the link to the headphones website - thanks! :)

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SaberOne... please stop using weird fonts in your posts. The default font (Verdana) is perfectly adequate.

stuhrer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't want to spend a lot so I got the Jabra Clipper Bluetooth Headset for ~ 35€ and I am really satisfied. It is very small, the sound it pretty good and one can exchange the headphones.

[ame]http://www.amazon.de/Jabra-100-96800000-60-Clipper-Bluetooth-Headset/dp/B0035LXN9Q/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1308858637&sr=8-9[/ame]

Greetings from Stuhr in northern Germany,

Bernd

Sent from my iPad using iPF

papabear55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find with headphones I am more pleased with the cheapest I can find for simplicity, or the most expensive like Bose which give amazing sound quality. I have always had trouble hearing well with Bluetooth headphones so I have given up on them altogether.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Lusid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the Sony mw600 BT receiver. It has good sound quality and very good range. Its tiny, lightweight, has great battery life, an oled display and a built in fm receiver. Plus you can use your own headphones.

It's also good for streaming audio to a stereo. All you need is a cable to plug it into an aux input.

I did try the jabra clipper, but it was prone to audio dropouts if it didn't have line of site to the transmitter. I couldn't use it with my iPad if the iPad was in my backpack, or with my phone if the phone was in my pocket. I returned it and bought the Sony, which I am very happy with.

Most reactions

Latest posts