What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best bluetooth gps to work with ipad ?

mancuk29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Want to use my iPad 3 as a sat nav .. I know the wifi doesn't have any gps built in so I'm going to have to use a Bluetooth external gps unit .. I've tried my old holux Bluetooth gps and the iPad doesn't see it ,
Can anyone tell me the best one to use (not too expensive) .. I'm in uk

Thanks for help

OP
M

mancuk29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ouch expensive does iPad have to be jail broken to work or does it pair up straight away ?

Thanks

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mancuk29 said:
Ouch expensive does iPad have to be jail broken to work or does it pair up straight away ?

Thanks

It is Bluetooth. Why would it need to be JB?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Thanks

It is pricey, but if you upgraded to the 4G model just to use GPS you'd pay a little more (but have the option for 3g/4G).

OP
M

mancuk29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
It is Bluetooth. Why would it need to be JB?

I read on some sites before I found this fab forum the Bluetooth stack drivers are not on the wifi iPads

OP
M

mancuk29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
It is pricey, but if you upgraded to the 4G model just to use GPS you'd pay a little more (but have the option for 3g/4G).

I'll have a look at it thanks :)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mancuk29 said:
I read on some sites before I found this fab forum the Bluetooth stack drivers are not on the wifi iPads

I own that receiver -- it works great with the iPad.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did you experience any problems after updating to iOS 6? (In case you did update)
I am looking into getting me one, but I heard of problems with the new OS...

Well, I have not had any problems with OS 6, but I now I have a iPad 3 with LTE so the chip is built in and thus the receiver isn't being used. However, I may get an iPad Mini Wifi, and if I do I will use the receiver with it. I don't expect there to be any problems, either.

Most reactions

Latest posts