What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad as alternative sat ?

mancuk29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have just bought a brodit iPad mount for my car for music and DVD use from my iPad which is en route to me

Question is I know iPad 3 doesn't have gps chip but Sygic finds where I am off wifi very accurately if I tether from my phone will sygic be a viable sat nav ?

The sat nav looks awesome on the iPad and due to the really big screen it will be an amazing system but will it work ?

Has anyone used it ?

Can you use a Bluetooth gos module with the iPad if not ?

Thanks in advance

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you have the wifi only ipad, you can buy a GPS receiver that you can put on your dash. Then link that via bluetooth to your ipad. Then you can make GPS navigation work provided you have the maps saved to your iPad before you start a trip. I use Navigon for my car gps app but there are others that you can try. I have the Dual XGPS150 receiver. You can find it on Amazon to read about it. I'm not sure where you would order it from in your country, however.

OP
M

mancuk29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a old gps receiver my iPad doesn't recognise it think it's Bluetooth 1.1 does it need to be DDR 2 ?
The one I'm using is holux gpslim 236

Most reactions

Latest posts