What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best app to edit MS Office files in email?

tecboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looking for an app with the capability to open a MS Office file that is an attachment in email, edit it then save it back to email similar to what i do in Outlook. Email is syncing with Exchnage 2003 server if that matters. DataViz Documents to Go Premium appears to have the needs that i want but not sure if that is the best thing out there

arshield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mrshields.com
Not a lot of good options yet. Office2 HD can do what you need. But not smoothly. You can open up the file from your regular email. You can edit it (if it is not a 2007 version) and then from Office2 HD you can email it. But you cannot just email it back from your email that you opened it from. You have to send a new email. Or at least that is my experience.

I think there will be some new options for office equivalent programs soon, but right now they are pretty weak.

Joscon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
android.bldg-automation.com
I use docs to go. Its for iPhone right now, but the next update will have iPad screen support. I ready like the desktop app so you can drag & drop files and sync. it works well for me.
Ive used it on blackberry, android, and now iPad always with good luck.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
A big plus one for documents2go.... Even supports dropbox..... But, like many I am waiting for the iPad update....

OP
T

tecboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any eta on the IPAD screen support? The way i was reading the updates to date, it looked like it was already supported but i must have misread. What will Ipad screen support fix/enhance/make work?

Also, what is dropbox?

Does anyone know if Dataviz offers a 30 day trial for Docs to Go standard or premium? I do not see anything on their website and it would be nice to test drive before spending $15.00 for premium..

Last edited:

Joscon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
android.bldg-automation.com
Any eta on the IPAD screen support? The way i was reading the updates to date, it looked like it was already supported but i must have misread. What will Ipad screen support fix/enhance/make work?

Also, what is dropbox?

Does anyone know if Dataviz offers a 30 day trial for Docs to Go standard or premium? I do not see anything on their website and it would be nice to test drive before spending $15.00 for premium..

Dropbox is an internet cloud where u can store and sync files detween all ur PC's and mobile devices. It a free service with 2gb storage. U can upgrade ur sroreage capacity with a paid account.

As far as when the update will come. Not sure but I can tell u it isn't bad right now. Images are not as sharp, but it is fully functional. Ill post some screenshots when I get to a PC. Hope this helps.

Sent from my android phone

OP
T

tecboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone know if Doc to Go will open a Word 2003 document that was created using a template? I have a doc that was created using the Word 2003 Timeline template. Using the built in Ipad .doc viewer, the template displays incorrectly and unreadable

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Send it to me matthew dot A dot jones at US dot Army dot MIL and I'll tell you. Docs2Go is better than officeHD because officeHD doesn't support 2007 version of MS Office as far as I know.

D

deoknam

Docs2go can run your document. I already have it installed,it has a setting where you can choose whether you are viewing a ms file of 97-2004,x,xp or ms 2007-2008.
I wish I have this simple problem hahaha

OP
T

tecboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Send it to me matthew dot A dot jones at US dot Army dot MIL and I'll tell you. Docs2Go is better than officeHD because officeHD doesn't support 2007 version of MS Office as far as I know.

email/attachment sent

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just waiting for the email to make it to my GMAil from my military account.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, doesn't work. It just shows a bunch of small boxes at the top that look like the icon you would have on your phone for the text message function. I'm guessing it's like a red X for an image.

Most reactions

Latest posts