What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Before you rush out and get a Xoom...

goalweiser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No offense taken from me, quite the opposite. I'm alway interested in the experiences from others who see differently. I'd really like to try other tablets but I can't afford the luxury of owning them all and positive criticism is always good to hear.

Glad to hear it. I spent a lot of time on other forums hacking the crap out of my Android devices but now I've come to see what the world of Apple has.

I got in on the cheap end of both. I bought the G-Tab because I got it for $350 and now that people are selling their original iPads so cheap, I decided it was worth a go.

So far, I can live with the limitations of both but asking me to pay $500 or more for a tablet with such restrictions is crazy. I'm an average joe so money is an object. LoL. I just think Motorola totally priced themselves out of this battle and it is absolutely insane that Amazon and Google have not tag teamed to take on Apple yet.

I've been staring at my Amazon Unbox stuff on my PC and the list of the compatible devices. Why the Xoom or any Android tablet is not on there is beyond me.

Seems we have more common sense than most of the businesses.

Enjoying my iPad for what it is and what it does do, it does quite well!

jordexj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I heard they patched all that up and are coming out with a new Android update called Buttercream! Stay tuned... it is going to kick IOS 4.3 out of the water!

jordexj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jordexj said:
I heard they patched all that up and are coming out with a new Android update called Buttercream! Stay tuned... it is going to kick IOS 4.3 out of the water!

There you go assuming again.
I'm not assuming... I'm joking! Buttercream is some name I just came out with! :) I was trying to sound like a typical Android Fanboy!

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
jordexj said:
I'm not assuming... I'm joking! Buttercream is some name I just came out with! :) I was trying to sound like a typical Android Fanboy!

;) but buttercream frosting is AMAAAAAZZZIIINNNGGGGG.

mmm......cake

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually-wondering what any stats are on how many people are buying an iPad 1 at reduced prices vs a Xoom? Any guesses? I have no doubt the iPad 2 is winning out on the Xoom, but people are getting the iPad 1 as for first time too as a tablet, so just wondering.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And since I can't edit in this post, I'm adding to my above post that obviously I am including not just people buying the clearance brand new or refurb units, but also used ones as well.

jordexj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You guys better watch out for Backlava. Backlava is the European version of Honeycomb that suppose to be a very powerful update for the Tablet. It is also has the capability of multiple gestures... it's going to Ipad out of it's miseries for sure!

Most reactions