What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery Replacement

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would you do this to your iPad.
In a word, no. Your iPad is brand new. Theoretically, you shouldn't even have to worry about this for a couple of years. By the time my iPad gets to the point where it won't hold a charge for very long, there will almost certainly be a 2nd or maybe even a 3rd generation iPad on the market... or maybe something totally new. At that time I will just have to decide whether or not to send my unit to Apple (or a repair facility) or upgrade.

OP
A

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not yet, but when the time comes,,,, sure will ;)

I would do it if I had bought another next generation iPad only then would I try to do it on the old one after the ,battery had died,just to see if i could do it.

Al.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Why don't simply use external battery as you can find a lot of them in Amazon & Ebay?
Let's see, I could buyone of these for $250 QuickerTek USB Charge Monitor/Activator (scroll down to see the external battery) or send my iPad back to Apple and they will replace my iPad (with a refurbished one I am sure) for $99.

Tough decision!

Agree... why go through all the hassle....... plus as others said, I will replace the device before it needs a battery.....

$99 is pretty fair to me, some plain old laptop battery cost nearly that..... plus you get a nice refurb out of it......

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By the time the battery is in need of replacement you will probably opt for a new iPad instead. I bet the lifespan of the power cell is about 2 years.

Most reactions