What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery replacement

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My first-generation iPad Pro is in a local shop getting a new battery. It took awhile to find a shop still willing to do this work, but I didn't want to wait for Apple's two week turnaround, or worse, being sent an empty refurb unit needing a whole day to reload all my content--in my experience, the alleged automatic restore doesn't work. The charge is the same as Apple's, $100. With luck, I'll be set for another 6 years of happy ownership.

I've been trying to use my old original iPad, but some web pages just won't load, some are missing features, and others crash in the middle of not doing much of anything. I haven't used my iMac this much in years!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I got my iPad Pro back last night. Life is good again!

If you have a Mac you can download coconut battery. When you open the app on your Mac with the iPad connected it will, among other things, tell you the manufacturer of the battery and its date of production and serial number. It will also display the rated capacity and the actual capacity of your battery. The number of charge cycles is shown as well.

OP
LannyC

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks, I've used that app for years. The old battery was down to a bit over 30%. No complaints, I've certainly gotten my money's worth out of it over the years.

Most reactions

Latest posts