What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Watch Battery is Replaceable

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Apple Watch battery replaceable.JPG

Tech Crunch reports today that it has been told by an Apple spokesperson that the battery in the Apple Watch is replaceable, with the lifecycle of each battery being around three years.

It really does make sound sense on Apple's part. If the battery could not be switched out, it would make the very expensive piece of kit useless and worthless in under five years. Apple has not yet revealed how much it will cost to replace an Apple Watch battery, but it will most likely be pretty pricey, as it is with most official Apple maintenance and servicing fees. Even so, if you’ve got enough money to buy even the cheapest watch at $349, you’re probably not that worried about how much a battery replacement would cost.

Tech Crunch also queries whether or not the Apple Watch CPU and/or RAM will be updateable, as presumably the processor would also need to be updated to prevent the watch from becoming obselete within a few years, especially as the watch is designed to work in tandem with the iPhone.

Source: The Apple Watch Battery Is Replaceable TechCrunch

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm....18 hours of battery life before charging. Not sure yet if I am ready to plug one more thing in to charge every night. I think I will wait a bit.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A full day is good. Until it's a full week I'd probably make a habit of charging it nightly anyway. The least stressful way to handle battery life is the one that becomes unthinking habit. If you're always having to check something, or being reminded by something, and having to decide if it's time to charge or not; then the likely hood of being out of batter goes up, not down.

Needs met by daily habits, easy. Needs with random actions required, hard.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very true, twerppoet. It's why I plug in my iPhone and iPad every night, whether they need it or not. Guarantees another full day with no worries.

No harm plugging the watch in every night, I should think. After all, it's not needed while you're sleeping, right? :)

Marilyn

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not opposed to charging the apple watch and get the fact that the usage will vary amongst users. I'm just not accustomed to removing my watch before going to bed everynight...and really the only time I remove it is in the morning to take a shower. I'm really still still on the fence whether it's a "need" vs a "want" with the Apple watch...but I sure do like the Mickey watch face. :) I'm sure someone in the household will own an Apple Watch within the year!

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Somehow I guess I'm going to be all alone in thinking the iWatch is just another move by Apple to stitch up the world of personal communications. Lately, they appear to stand for the opposite of 'open systems' which has been the great enabler in information technology, which led to the Internet, et al.

Apple seem to be dragging us back to a very profitable (for them) but hobbling to technology progress world of locked-in consumers of closed systems. I'm fast believing some users are not savvy enough to see what is happening, unlike the business users of IT back in the 80s when the yoke of closed systems was thrown off by them.

Apple make great products that work extremely well, that is, until the next model or upgrade comes along and fast become the work of the devil.

Great products, but for me - a business ethos that stinks, relying on ignorant fashion-victim users, of which I include myself, who have usually got their heads stuck where the sun don't shine.

Most reactions

Latest posts