What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery power running out too quickly on my ipad3

Bedah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are there any setting I could tweak to improve battery performance?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Brightness can be a killler. I say keep it between 40-50%. And use auto-brightness. Oh, auto-lock at 2 minutes.

Turn push off and do a manual fetch in the Mail, contacts, and calenders in settings.

You could turn location services off, but that is no fun. I say try the first two.

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, there are several ways to reduce your battery use and prevent it from draining faster than desired.
Something that many people don't know too, is that when you charge your iPad battery, and it says 100 %,
there is still at least 1&1/2 hrs of charging to fully top up the battery.
A great free app which is extremely helpful in iPad battery charging is called Kingsoft Battery Doctor. Free app!!

It has three separate sections of battery charging, Fast charging, Continuation and Trickle charging where it fully charges the battery.
When the battery is truly fully charged, it will last you a while longer before having to plug in the iPad.

There is also an interesting iPad stand with built in solar panels for charging your iPad, coming soon.

SolaPad iPad case rocks a built-in solar panel
Exotic Cases, iPad 2, iPad 3
Good news for the iPad users living in sunny areas like south California, Spain, parts of Italy, Australia… That constant flow of photons around you can be used to charge your beloved tablet. That, of course, if you get the all-new SolaPad iPad case.

The company called SolaWerks is behind this project and at the moment you still can’t get their product. You can, however, sign-up and be informed when it starts selling. Moreover, if you’re lucky enough, you can receive 1 of 10 FREE SolaPad iPad cases on the U.S. release date.
http://www.solawerks.com/reserve.html
Aside from the big solar panel on the back, the SolaPad also comes with “High Quality Speakers” and will keep your iPad well protected, making sure it keeps working even after accidental drops — the case makes the tablet impact resistant up to 6 feet.

Pretty neat, right? Unfortunately, SolaWerks “forgot” to mention the price and all we can do is hope their goal is not to break anyone’s bank…

Chas

Sent from my new iPad 3 using iPF

Last edited:

devGOD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
#1 reason would be brightness, it'll eat up your battery twice as fast.

AirPlayit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when evening I would lower the brightness, you can double click to cancel the hidden icons, I always do this on iPad. Or turn notifications/GPS/Bluetooth off if you like.

NickyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

Double tap the home button, and hold your finger for a few seconds on an icon there untill they are starting to wiggle, and close all the apps. Second, and most important on the iPad 3, LOWER your brightness 40% should be fine. Third turn off GPS, Bluetooth. 4. Restart your iPad. 5. Go to Notifications settings, and turn off the apps you don't need to send you notifications. 6. Settings - General - scroll down to Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Most reactions

Latest posts