What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery

Navneet Nayak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad 3 battery is not performing wel...before i goes to sleep my battery was 65% and after i wake. Up in morning my ipad's battery was 57%.
I have checked therre was no running application...why my battery has decrease withouut any use...
Plzzzz help.

monkeyboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cellular is probably worse than wifi for battery usage, particularly if you have a weak signal.
try turning off your cell radio each night. or switch to wifi.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My ipad 3 battery is not performing wel...before i goes to sleep my battery was 65% and after i wake. Up in morning my ipad's battery was 57%.
I have checked therre was no running application...why my battery has decrease withouut any use...
Plzzzz help.

What you may be seeing is that your battery percentage indicator up top is not being accurate. Apple recommend that each month you should fully charge the battery, then run it down to empty and then fully recharge it to realign the ions (or whatever the little beggars do). Do this regularly for the health of your battery, (well the iPad's also:p)

Other things you could look to do:
* Clear the Apps tray at the bottom after double-pressing the Home button. You never know what juice-sapping stuff may linger there eg games. In fact it is good practice to, say, weekly reset your iPad tidying up memory etc. (Press and hold the Home Screen and Off buttons until the Apple logo appears and when the Home screen returns your iPad has had a reboot which is healthy)
* Go through your iPad Settings and slide the WiFi and Bluetooth settings to Off and check what other automatic monitoring features are on.
* Go to Apple's User Manual re Batteries on Apple - Batteries - iPad for what Apple has to say re battery maintenance.
* Find a good Batteries App that assists with recharging. I use free Battery Doctor plus which shows your charging history, reminds you when to fully recharge, gives tips etc.

The above will not do any harm but will help for a healthy battery.
Regards, Andrew

Last edited:

theTimo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Navneet Nayak said:
Plzzzz help.

'Without any use' might not be what's happening. If the data connection is open, the apps keep on looking for data for themselves. And if the connection takes long, the more the battery drains. IPad doesn't sleep, you know...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using my brain.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Turn the iPad off will save battery life, especially overnight...........takes less than 1 minute to boot. :eek:
A fresh boot is always a good thing anyways.

Most reactions