What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery depletion (iPhone 8 plus)

Amba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know if this has happened to anyone, but I have had my iPhone 8 plus for like 8 months and the battery starts to die after just a few hours. (100% to 50% in 2 hours without really using it)
How long does iPhone's battery usually last? I though the lifetime of iPhone is around 2 years?
Thank you.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve moved your post to the correct forum, as the topic is not related to the Apple Watch.

Usually, an iPhone holds it’s charge way longer than just a few hours, even after two years of usage.

So here are a few things you can try:
Is your iPhone up to date? The lastest iOS version is 13.3.1. If that’s not installed on your device, update it.

Restart your iPhone (turn it off and on again).

If you use Facebook, force close the app. It’s a known battery hog when running in the background.

Take a look at your battery usage:
Go to Settings - Battery -Battery Usage by App.

It’s possible to see your battery capacity there as well (Settings - Battery - Battery Health): iPhone Battery and Performance
If it’s degraded, you’ll need a new battery soon.

If you’ve enabled Location Services, turn off that feature. Don’t use live wallpapers.
Also turn off vibrations, if you don’t need them, and enable important notifications, disable less important ones.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts