What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Basic Questions

Joedris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new at this. How do I create folders in the mail section to store messages from an individual. Also how do I delete a contact in the address book.
I looked in the IPAD Users Guide, could not find any reference to either issue. Useless document.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome I will let our staff and others answer your question but personally I prefer either boxer or mailbox email apps. I use boxer and find overall it is one if the best email clients available. I also use gmail as my host so we need to know which ISP host you use before responding. AppleMail does not offer a lot if extra stuff like folders. In respect to manuals I am positive iOS 7 manual in iBooks store covers apple mail if not search the iBook store

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am new at this. How do I create folders in the mail section to store messages from an individual. Also how do I delete a contact in the address book.
I looked in the IPAD Users Guide, could not find any reference to either issue. Useless document.

As col.bris pointed out, we need to know if you are running an Exchange, IMAP or POP mail account. If you are using POP, you cannot make folders; if you're using the others, take a look at this thread: http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...sistance/60856-extra-folder-mail-account.html

To delete a contact, open your Contacts app and find the person you wish to delete. On the upper right you should see an "Edit" button; press that. Then, scroll all the way to the bottom of the edit screen and you should see a red "Delete Contact" line. Press that and the contact will be gone.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts