What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bah! Locked out of my iPAD

ladyboz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can understand the idea of putting a password on the iPAD but I'm often reading that you shouldn't use the same password for everything.

So........ after downloading iOS7 I put in my password but now I seem to have disabled my iPAD3 completely. I've tried to contact Apple help desk this morning but no one is avaialble.

Anyone else had this problem besides me?

jaydee123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:-( I'm in a log jam with my Ipad I cannot restore it because in order to do that, I need to turn off "Find My iPad." even when plugged into my computer which has the back up.
chasing my tail. help

OP
L

ladyboz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, it's taken all day but I now have my iPAD back. It seems that my iPAD had backed up my system to iCloud before installing the new OS. We still had to contact Apple support as the the new download kept crashing. Big thanks to the support team who stuck with us throughout the day and especially the support team manager who really understood the problems we were having. Next time there's a new release we will make sure we have iTunes latest release and an iCloud backup too. A hard lesson well learnt.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, it's taken all day but I now have my iPAD back. It seems that my iPAD had backed up my system to iCloud before installing the new OS. We still had to contact Apple support as the the new download kept crashing. Big thanks to the support team who stuck with us throughout the day and especially the support team manager who really understood the problems we were having. Next time there's a new release we will make sure we have iTunes latest release and an iCloud backup too. A hard lesson well learnt.

Yay! Glad to hear you got it all sorted. And, thanks for telling us (though we may never say it, we are bothered when we can't help here and do wonder if folks get an issue sorted). So, thanks!

Hope your enjoy iOS 7.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts