What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrading and jail breaking questions

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm currently on 3.2 and want to upgrade to 4.2.1 when the untethered jb comes out. My question is: if I backup, restore / upgrade, jailbreak, and restore the backup, will all my jail broken apps, installous apps, game data, and all my information be the same as it was before the upgrade?

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope. You will have none of your Cydia apps back. You will have Cydia after jailbreaking but you will have to reinstall your apps.

You can use one of the jailbreak backup apps out there though--for Cydia apps. I use PKGBackup.

Michael

OP
Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nope. You will have none of your Cydia apps back. You will have Cydia after jailbreaking but you will have to reinstall your apps.

You can use one of the jailbreak backup apps out there though--for Cydia apps. I use PKGBackup.

Michael

Thanks! And what about the apps ive downloaded through installous? Will their data be saved and restored with the iTunes backup?

Most reactions

Latest posts