What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backlight bleed does my screen have it

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No issues. You're good. Turn the screen brightness back to normal and enjoy!

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
I have to disagree. While difficult to define because of the quality of the sample pictures,
there definitely is light leakage on the left side of the screen where it meets the bezel.

However, if you exchanged the device once for bleeding issues, a second exchange for the same problem may be at Apple's discretion. Will Apple deem that amount of screen bleed objectionable.

When compared to the original device, is the leakage the same, less or more?

AA

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see the bleed you're talking about, but the iPad is cranked to full brightness in a darkened room. I don't think that slight a bleed affects use.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have to disagree. While difficult to define because of the quality of the sample pictures,
there definitely is light leakage on the left side of the screen where it meets the bezel.

However, if you exchanged the device once for bleeding issues, a second exchange for the same problem may be at Apple's discretion. Will Apple deem that amount of screen bleed objectionable.

When compared to the original device, is the leakage the same, less or more?

AA

That is very, very minor light bleed...not even an issue. I've seen much, much worse. He could swap a dozen screens and still end up with no better.

reahn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thats kinda how they are. happens to my iPhone through the sim card slot.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Interestingly that's what the Genius told me when I commented my replacement iPad still had leakage. I notice it if the lights are down and I'm watching in letter box.
What I don't understand is why a LCD panel can't be mounted and sealed tight. When they accomplish that, it'll be worth a headline.
AA

taddle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
England, United Kingdom, the Northern Hemisphere,
AdmiralAdama said:
Interestingly that's what the Genius told me when I commented my replacement iPad still had leakage. I notice it if the lights are down and I'm watching in letter box.
What I don't understand is why a LCD panel can't be mounted and sealed tight. When they accomplish that, it'll be worth a headline.
AA

They could, but then they couldn't, in iDevices, there is limited room around the screen to put anything, if it really bothers you, buy a cheap side covering case that looks a few mm to big on both sides

Sent from my iPod touch using iPF

L

Lunar

Larger area on the right of the 1st pic looks like reflection... though there is touch of light bleed along the long edge it does look quite minor especially as the brightness is at 100. If the brightness was at a more realistic 50% it would be difficult to spot it.

I have a a little light bleed down left edge in 2 small places, just about detectable, but I never notice it in normal use. I would consider that quite acceptable, after all how many people watch their iPads in a blacked out room, LCD screens should never be viewed in darkened rooms as Blacks never look black.. same with LCD TV's and never will until we have screens with no backlights. similiar to Super Oled panels.

Forget it's there.. and enjoy your iPad. I would consider that within specification. TBH if you have to set up special conditions to spot a issue... then there's no issue. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts