What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backing Up IPAD to a Portable Hard Drive

Hivoltage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I back up my IPAD and IPOD Touch to a portable hard drive instead of a Disc. The only option I get when I want to do a backup is to " Insert a Blank Disc" Surely I can back up to a portable drive....how? Thanks

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
are you sure you are not trying to backup your itunes library?
The iPad backups happen automatically each time you sync and are stored to your PC.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I prefer to back up my whole iTunes library to an external drive....this way, I can move it from one computer to another if one crashes.

OP
Hivoltage

Hivoltage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me too....Thats what I am asking how to do. The only option I get it to insert a blank CD into my computer.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just connect a hard drive to the computer using USB or Firewire. Install a good backup program and that is all you should need.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
All I do is connect an external hard drive, navigate to my iTunes folder on my PC and copy it to the external hard drive. I try to do this fairly regularly as long as I have been downloading new music or films.

Most reactions

Latest posts