What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backgrounder stopping

edwardrjones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the latest version of backgrounder installed and apps run in the backgrounder but then sometimes stop. This happens when I load some games such as real racing HD.

For example skype is running in the background, I start real racing then come out of it and skype has stopped along with every other app that was running in the background.

Does anyone know what may be causing this? Could it be to do with low memory caused by running a memory intensive application such as real racing HD

Thanks

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive noticed this also. I think it does have to do with the memory getting low. Once it gets too low it shuts down one or more of the appsnbackgrounded. Try setting all to background, not native. Itll prob. Do it less but wont stop. With backgrounder,nwe have true backgrounding, and apps on pre os4 take as much memory as it needs for the individual app. Its not like Android or OS4 where the program is put on a kind of "Pause". Then pops backnup exactly where u left off. Hopefully someone else chime in cuz im intersted on more info also.

young blade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've also noticed the same problem using twitter..

The moment I press the home button the app gets killed.. So I switched over to multiflow but still the same experience..:eek:

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its because Apple launched a tablet with only 256mb of memory when their damn phone has 512mb. They of course did this so that next year they can offer a "new and improved" model. Apple loves to purposefully gimp their devices because they know that their customers will just end up buying a new model every year as they slowly trickle out hardware "upgrades".

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its because Apple launched a tablet with only 256mb of memory when their damn phone has 512mb. They of course did this so that next year they can offer a "new and improved" model. Apple loves to purposefully gimp their devices because they know that their customers will just end up buying a new model every year as they slowly trickle out hardware "upgrades".

You are correct. What they should have done was ship the ipad with 1-2GB of Ram, then we talkin plenty for "serious" multitasking. It just depends on what u running. The browsers, mail, IM programs seem to use the most ram. Also the ipod n video.

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score

word.

Most reactions

Latest posts