What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backgrounder ios5

cubeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Akspecs,

No, the only fix was to uninstall backgrounder.. :(
so there is an "a3" update? Who is working on it now? (just curious)
I didn't think there would be an update but I would be more then happy to load it up and see how it works. Which repo did u het it from?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Akspecs,

No, the only fix was to uninstall backgrounder.. :(
so there is an "a3" update? Who is working on it now? (just curious)
I didn't think there would be an update but I would be more then happy to load it up and see how it works. Which repo did u het it from?

Well, since iOS 5 has built in multitasking, there is no need to have backgrounder anymore.
It would be nice to have more control on what happens to an app when I close it, but for now, there isn't much of a problem for me.

xIkx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Imho ios does not multitask. If you open an app, set it to load something, switch to another task, wait and switch back, nothing has loaded. A tweak that let the first task finish loading while an other task is active would be great.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Imho ios does not multitask. If you open an app, set it to load something, switch to another task, wait and switch back, nothing has loaded. A tweak that let the first task finish loading while an other task is active would be great.

Sorry, I disagree. iOS handles multitasking very well, like I said I wish there ws a way to change a few things.
Here is a video explaining iOS multitasking and how it handles multitasking:
[video]http://player.vimeo.com/video/34660348[/video]

Last edited:

cubeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
Well, since iOS 5 has built in multitasking, there is no need to have backgrounder anymore.
It would be nice to have more control on what happens to an app when I close it, but for now, there isn't much of a problem for me.

True but backgrounder could be set to not allow items to sit in the switcher... That was the best part about it. When I close the app, its closed, unless I put it in the background specifically... ios5 makes all go into the switcher....

xIkx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the informative video. It's good to know how it works. It would still be nice to have some more control over it.

Maniaxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Man I'm really tired of hearing how great Apple's new multitasking is. For those I guess new to iPhones or jailbreaking it might be. For those of us who have been using it for years it's amazing. No... The iPhone's multitasking is not the same. I know thats been said but people keep saying it is. I hope the developer does decide to fix it. There are a million reasons to want true backgrounding. Downloading being one but there's many other. I hope everyone saying they are fine all over the web hasn't convinced him it's not needed or wanted.

rotation

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is backgrounder changing any Files on an iPad?
For example the daemons, apparently they are Textfiles.

Is it possible These changes are Not reverted by uninstalling backgrounder?
Is it wise to do a clean install of iOS to get an excellent working System?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rotation said:
Is backgrounder changing any Files on an iPad?
For example the daemons, apparently they are Textfiles.

Is it possible These changes are Not reverted by uninstalling backgrounder?
Is it wise to do a clean install of iOS to get an excellent working System?

I am sure you couldn't just edit the filesystem with ifile and get the same results as backgrounder.
And the changes of backgrounder are removed when you uninstall the app.

As for the clean install, a clean restore will always help your ipad run faster after you have acumulated a bunch of temp files and junk. I usually backup and restore my ipad once a month. Just to make it nice and clean, especially because I do a lot of messing with the filesystem.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts