What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back cover

antisomnic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the belkin snap shield case. The one with the magnet to secure the smart cover on the back. It's a piece of crap, I've chipped 2 pieces off of it barely bumping it on stuff. I was wondering what the best back case would be that is minimal but protective. One that doesn't add much if any thickness or weight but won't break from daily use and will protective my device.

Btw I have the iPad 3

City

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I have the iPad 2, but I believe they have it for the iPad3 also. It's a leather case, and if you drop your iPad, or accidentally hit it on something, it has a low chance of breaking. The case itself is hard to break. The case is also a stand, so that's a plus.
I bought the case at BestBuy.

OP
A

antisomnic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Leather cases seem to add bulk. Basically if I get a plastic snap case it's gonna be fragile? If I want protection I'll have to add some bulk?

City

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Leather cases seem to add bulk. Basically if I get a plastic snap case it's gonna be fragile? If I want protection I'll have to add some bulk?
It doesn't weigh much more. Maybe not even a pound more. But it does protect, and it's worth it.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TPU cases are lightweight and take abuse, and many work with smart covers.

There are loads of them on Amazon. If you look there, I suggest using the free Amazon Windowshop app, which lets you quickly look at lots of styles. The app makes browsing much faster than using the website, I find.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've been satisfied with my HyperShield case. It would be one of the brands alluded to by Kaykaykay. It's hard to beat the price. If you don't care for Thermoplastic (TPU), they have other materials.

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the Incipio SmartFeather and love it. Works well with my SmartCover, doesn't add bulk and seems to be standing up to my daily use with no problems.

Fn1889m

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought an Incipio back snap cover at Walmart. I previously had the Belkin cover, but it broke after one week. The Incipio back cover is a hair thicker, and made of a different plastic. It seems indestructible in normal use. It works with the Apple Smart Cover. $29. A notebook type cover would provide more protection, but I want to keep the profile as thin as possible.

Most reactions

Latest posts