What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back Button on Browser?

michaela1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I noticed that the browsers I've tried both Safari and atomic browser don't seem to let me go back to the page I was just on by pressing back button? I do a search on google, open a page but when I click back like I do on my computer it takes me back to google MINUS the search page I was just on? It sort of just brings you back to start before the search. Am I missing something? New to the IPAD but loving it so far!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am certainly puzzled by this behaviour as, when I press the backbutton in Safari, it certainly takes me back - correctly - to the previous page. As a simple possible cure, try to turn the iPad completely off by pressing and holding the Power button until the slider control appears, accept the offer to turn off, wait until the screen has gone completely blank then press and hold the Power button again until the white Apple logo appears; the iPad will then power up. See if the problem persists after this and, if it does, get back to us and we'll suggest some other possibilities...

Tim

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wrong forum - topic not exclusively to do with iPad 2. Moving it to the Help section...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sometimes the Safari opens a new window/page instead of just following the link. If you watch closely you'll see it shrink the page into the saved pages. To go back to a page this way tap the double square icon, and choose the page.

This works a lot like tabs. Some pages automatically open in new tabs, if the link is configured that way. When Safari encounters one of these it does it's page thing.

Most reactions