What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back arrow

jcpete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish two things from iPad: when I go to a website and to go to another page there often is no back arrow to push to return to previous page. On my mac pro I don't seem to have that problem so I don't think it is just problem with the web. Also is there away I can add a word to spell check that it tries to correct. I am constantly having to re-type words I know are correct.:rolleyes:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The second question you raise has a work-around.

A Member noticed that the iPad never corrects a name in the Contacts list. So he proposed, and it works just fine, you should enter any words that you don't want corrected as 'spoof' contacts in the iPad's Contacts app. These could be technical or business terms, for example. Try it - it works great. Not a perfect solution, but better than nothing!!

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I mean that you put a word, say 'Nanotechnology', into the Contacts database, as though it were a person. It's not, of course, but the iPad doesn't know that and so doesn't correct it. So, not being a real contact, it's a 'spoof' (maybe that's a British 'term'!!)

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When there is no back arrow in Safari, it is usually because Safari did it's equivalent of opening the page in a new tab. When going to the new page it should have briefly shown the current page being shrunk into a thumbnail on another page. That page is accessed using the double square icon at the top left (it will have a number showing the number (9 max) of saved pages). Tap this and choose the thumbnail to go back.

BTW, iOS 5's Safari will have tabs. The update will be available the 12th, barring unforeseen problems.

OP
J

jcpete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks

When there is no back arrow in Safari, it is usually because Safari did it's equivalent of opening the page in a new tab. When going to the new page it should have briefly shown the current page being shrunk into a thumbnail on another page. That page is accessed using the double square icon at the top left (it will have a number showing the number (9 max) of saved pages). Tap this and choose the thumbnail to go back.

BTW, iOS 5's Safari will have tabs. The update will be available the 12th, barring unforeseen problems.

Thanks!

OP
J

jcpete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
staticmap

How do you post a new thread?
Also does anyone know in iPad version of iMovie how I get what created saved to camera roll or disk so that I can use it in MacBook pro iMovie ?

Last edited by a moderator:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
jcpete said:
How do you post a new thread?
Also does anyone know in iPad version of iMovie how I get what created saved to camera roll or disk so that I can use it in MacBook pro iMovie ?

In the app? You have to be in the forums tab ( bottom of screen ) and viewing the forum you want to post in. Tap the box-arrow icon to get the new thread option.

In iMovie you need to be on the Projects screen. Again the box-arrow icon will give you your export options, including one to export to the Camera Roll.

OP
J

jcpete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the app? You have to be in the forums tab ( bottom of screen ) and viewing the forum you want to post in. Tap the box-arrow icon to get the new thread option.

In iMovie you need to be on the Projects screen. Again the box-arrow icon will give you your export options, including one to export to the Camera Roll.
I am not sure what you mean by box arrow. However by accident and some poking around I found new member assistance in the discussion group. That is only place so far I saw a box that said post new thread.
Last thing someone told me how to get rid of red circle with number next to the main forum app icon and I forget.

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jcpete said:
I am not sure what you mean by box arrow. However by accident and some poking around I found new member assistance in the discussion group. That is only place so far I saw a box that said post new thread.

The box arrow is a White box with a curved White arrow coming out of it.

OP
J

jcpete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I figured that is what he was talking about but I couldn't find it until I pressed my project on iMovie. Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts