What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B&N eReader for iPad Coming Soon

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
bn_logo.gif

Barnes and Nobles confirmed today they will soon be releasing a new reader app for the Apple iPad to provide customers with any books, any time, any where.

Designed specifically for the iPad, our new B&N eReader will give our customers access to more than one million eBooks, magazines and newspapers in the Barnes & Noble eBookstore, as well as the existing content in their Barnes & Noble digital library. (That includes eBooks and content customers have downloaded to their nookâ„¢ eBook reader.)

To be released around the time of iPad’s expected availability, the new Barnes & Noble eReader will join our growing list of free eReader software for most computing and mobile devices including PC, Mac, iPhone, iPod touch and Blackberry, many of which will be updated shortly for an enhanced on-the-go reading experience.

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This will "duplicate" the functionality offered on the iPad, so I wonder if Apple will be as strict with iPad apps as they are with iPhone apps? (and thus, block it?)

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad is also a E-book reader

This will "duplicate" the functionality offered on the iPad, so I wonder if Apple will be as strict with iPad apps as they are with iPhone apps? (and thus, block it?)

I don't think they will do that as give more useful app's will make them sell more device ... but they will surely don't let them everything they want

This is just based on my 2 cts of mind

EARL97850

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I for one am looking forward to having a B&N app available. My wife has the B&N Nook e-reader and this would allow us to share the e-library.

Cya

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Are you kidding me, if B&N and Amazon have bookstores it will further affirm why people should buy the iPad! B&N make more money because they don't have to produce eBook readers, nor will they have to maintain the firmware, and it further secures Apples future as the primary reader device. Everyone wins!

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I don't think they will do that as give more useful app's will make them sell more device ... but they will surely don't let them everything they want

This is just based on my 2 cts of mind
Ditto.

Furthermore, B&N and Amazon had their books locked to a device that was not exactly appealing to everybody. If they earn more profit in ebooks than in devices why keep the lockup?
And it also helps Apple in the longrun.

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Are you kidding me, if B&N and Amazon have bookstores it will further affirm why people should buy the iPad! B&N make more money because they don't have to produce eBook readers, nor will they have to maintain the firmware, and it further secures Apples future as the primary reader device. Everyone wins!

Well except those people that are designing and making the NooK and Kindles. But that is progress, lots of blacksmiths got put out of work when the automobile killed the horse.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One more thing to consider on this topic is how the reading experience will be handled. Seems to me that the best way to handle it would be multiple bookstores....one reader app. So you go to iBook, or B&N or Amazon to buy your ebooks...then they all go to your bookshelf. I don't think apple would allow 3 reader apps on the device....just like they won't allow alternate music players or video players.

DanaNgidhu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I for one am looking forward to having a B&N app available. My wife has the B&N Nook e-reader and this would allow us to share the e-library.

Cya

I have Barnes and Noble too. I have a Nook, but I have already started reading on my IPAD. It is wonderful.However, I have noticed that the bookshelf and the B&N app do not show the book covers. Is there a way to do this?Dana NgihduProud IPAD 16GB Owner

EARL97850

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Cya

I have Barnes and Noble too. I have a Nook, but I have already started reading on my IPAD. It is wonderful.However, I have noticed that the bookshelf and the B&N app do not show the book covers. Is there a way to do this?Dana NgihduProud IPAD 16GB Owner

I think I'm getting what your saying...your B & N e-library does not show up on you iPad bookshelf. Right?

How do you tell what books you have?

You have to use the app and go to B & N site. Right?

Cya

Most reactions

Latest posts