What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B&N Books in iBooks?

ChemoSabe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I download an e-book from B&N, can I move it to iTunes and read it in iBooks?

Abbyjack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just had a quick look at ibooks and I don't see any way of loading books other than through the ibooks store. Maybe somebody more familiar with ibooks can help you out but I don't think you will be able to load a b&n book into ibooks.
Keep in mind that if you buy an ebook from b&n you are going to have to deal with drm to use any other app than the b&n reader.
When I buy a book from b&n, I strip the drm out and using calibre I convert it into epub format so that I can read the book on iphone or ipad using stanza.
Give stanza a try, it's free and works great.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iBooks is not a universal reader. While it certainly can be used to view .pdf files and non-DRM files, it is primarily used to read content purchased through the iBook store.

Roi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
roi.rnpmusic.net
Just use the B&N app to read them.

Barnes & Noble eReader - Read 1 Million eBooks, Free Books, Newspapers & Magazines for iPad on the iTunes App Store

It's free, and that's what it is made for.

But it actually not offering the fully support to many of the new titles in their ebook store.
I recently purchased the Dan Brown's the lost symbol, and the bn ereader just can't open it, not even showing up the "read now" button.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But where did you buy yor copy of "The Lost Symbol"? If you bought it from Barnes & Noble and you still can not open it, then you have an issue with them. If you did not buy it from Barnes & Noble, it is understandable that you can not open it. The Barnes & Noble app is not a "universal" reading app, it is only for reading material purchased from Barnes & Noble.

Roi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
roi.rnpmusic.net
But where did you buy yor copy of "The Lost Symbol"? If you bought it from Barnes & Noble and you still can not open it, then you have an issue with them. If you did not buy it from Barnes & Noble, it is understandable that you can not open it. The Barnes & Noble app is not a "universal" reading app, it is only for reading material purchased from Barnes & Noble.

Hi 1991-C4,

I surely did buy it from bn.com, and as i know, this is a known issue of their iPad version of the app.

53617_1281352179ZtS0.jpg

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Then there is definitely an issue with the BN Reader and you should contact their support department.

(I promise, I won't tell you how it ends!)

Roi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
roi.rnpmusic.net
Then there is definitely an issue with the BN Reader and you should contact their support department.

(I promise, I won't tell you how it ends!)

While I was reading an another book on the ereader earlier, it automatically popup a message saying updating something blah blah, and then I went back to the library by curious to see what's going on, and clicked the lost symbol, and it can be opened now.

I'm glad that they make it up so soon, but technically is it possible for them to do any updates to the app without apple's approval? Interesting ...

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have owned a Nook for 9 months an can read all my books on my iPad with the B&N reader. The only books that are not automatically transferred are the ones in the my documents folder. I just copied them into iTunes and once I synced they all showed up in iBooks

Most reactions

Latest posts