What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

auto start of itunes stopped working

jrw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipadforums.net
All of a sudden when I attach my Ipad, Itunes will not start.(has been working since launch day of the Ipad) If I manually start Itunes all is well.
I have confirmed that the Itunes will start when Ipad is plugged in check box is checked.
Using the latest Itunes 9.2.0.61
What am I doing wrong here?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are running a Windows-based machine, it might be time to give it the old three finger salute!

OP
J

jrw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipadforums.net
If you are running a Windows-based machine, it might be time to give it the old three finger salute!

Yes running Windows 7 and the three finger salute will work, but have to do this reboot each time I connect my Ipad. Workaround for sure but not a solution to my frustrating issue.

OP
J

jrw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipadforums.net
bump,,,
I cannot be the only one with this issue.
Connecting my Ipad to my PC will no longer start itunes automatically. I have the setting set to do this and it was doing this for a long time.
I am running win 7 and I know this is a apple based forum, but does anyone have a idea on how to solve this.

kierandill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a process dying when you disconnect? I believe in Windows there should be an iTunesHelper.exe running in task manager. Sorry, I'm at work or I could check my Vista media center.
Also, I believe there is a setting in iTunes itself to toggle auto start on plugin.

OP
J

jrw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipadforums.net
Is there a process dying when you disconnect? I believe in Windows there should be an iTunesHelper.exe running in task manager. Sorry, I'm at work or I could check my Vista media center.
Also, I believe there is a setting in iTunes itself to toggle auto start on plugin.
The process will let me sync after I manually start itunes and will tell me sync is done and I can disconnect the Ipad.
I have searched for iTunesHelper.exe, it is not listed in the task manager and I cannot find it at all on the system. Listed in the task manager is itunesmobileservice.dll which is running.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts