What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto-Lock Settings iPad4

ZaneStein

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My previous iPad had the option to set the Auto-Lock time for 2, 5, 10 and 15 minutes, and 15 minutes was perfect.
My new iPad4 only has a 2 and 5 minute option which is very, very, very annoying.
It is a company iPad, but the IT Admin states that he does not remember seeing any setting when he put on the profile that removed the 10 and 15 minute options.

Can I increase the auto-lock time beyond 5 minutes on an iPad4?
* If the answer is yes, what is the procedure?
* If the answer is no, who can I talk to at Apple to request a fix to restore this function as it worked fine on previous versions.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My previous iPad had the option to set the Auto-Lock time for 2, 5, 10 and 15 minutes, and 15 minutes was perfect.
My new iPad4 only has a 2 and 5 minute option which is very, very, very annoying.
It is a company iPad, but the IT Admin states that he does not remember seeing any setting when he put on the profile that removed the 10 and 15 minute options.

* If the answer is no, who can I talk to at Apple to request a fix to restore this function as it worked fine on previous versions.

This is a screenshot from my iPad 4.

image-1716195010.jpg As you can see, there are 2,5,10 and 15 minute options available. Maybe your company restrictions don't allow other options. Maybe you could ask your company IT administrator to check again.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

When I accessed my work email through my personal phone, my auto-lock time was reduced to the only option of 1 minue. I couldn't change to a longer on time unless I removed the access to my work email. Your work IT certainly has control of that, at least mine did. Only until I removed the email access, did I gain full control of my personal phone. That was my android phone. Now, on my iPhone--I do have that option of changing the auto-lock time....however, again--this is a personal phone.

Is this iPad your personal device or a work issued device?

Most reactions

Latest posts