What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto Lock

slash21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello All,

I've just received my Incase magazine jacket for ipad2.

Does anyone know, if this case works with auto lock? I've googled and found some ppl finding similar problems. Also restarted many times.

Even after setting auto lock feature to on, and sleep time to never or 10 minutes, nothing works. It's as if this feature is not on.

Anyone had a similar problem?

Reaction score
From reading the iLounge review of the Incase magazine jacket for iPad 2, does this cover not have a magnet which would put the iPad to sleep automatically, or wake it. The reason being, that the cover does not have a magnet to interact with the iPad 2 magnetic sleep sensor

If the cover had a magnet, than under Settings->General, a third option would appear: iPad Cover Lock/Unlock (right below Passcode lock).
Changing Auto-lock and Passcode-lock has no influence on the automatic wakeup and sleep settings.

If you wanted to have this cover to automatically wake up the iPad, you would need to add a magnet manually to it.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
jail broken?

or an app that is running in the background is preventing it from autolocking

OP
slash21

slash21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It does not have a magnetic sleep sensor, so this must be the reason.

@wytey: No, it's not jail broken. Too complicated to handle, at least for me :)

c17abill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my cover does have a magnetic strip but auto lock does not show up in general settings. Any ideas?

Most reactions