What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audiobooks on Ipad?

ColtsSN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure what your question is, but I use the Audiobooks app. There are plenty of free books, as well as the ones you can pay for.

OP
B

betteklaus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are there other ways?
Sometimes I receive books as files (by mail)?

Last edited:

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Overdrive will let you checkout from your library if they use it and also have audiobooks.

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is the Audible app and website that lets you buy and listen to audio books on the iPad.

Jrs22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can open iTunes on your pc or mac and import the file and then synch it to your iPad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When you import a book into iTunes, right click on it and choose Get Info. Go to the Options tab and make sure Media Kind is set to audiobook. Otherwise it will treat it like a music file. You want it to know it is an audiobook, that way it will remember your place.

You set up syncing for audiobooks under the Books tab when the iPad is plugged in (or set for wi-fi syncing). You have to check the box to include audiobooks, then select all or selected books.

Most reactions

Latest posts