What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No audiobooks with new itunes

meddyliol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cannot find my audiobooks after installing new itunes. There was a message stating that audiobooks have been moved to iBooks. Going to iBooks I find that when I go to collections there is an audiobook entry but it's greyed out (the PDF entry is also greyed out). Why did they have to change something that worked very well. I must admit though that I do like the new itunes layout for music, much better. I want my audiobooks back.

Thanks

Brian

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try restarting your iPad. Press and hold both the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons and wait for the iPad to restart.

My audiobooks made the transition with no problem and can be accessed and played from iBooks.

OP
meddyliol

meddyliol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried that and the audiobooks entry is still greyed out.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you backup your iPad before upgrading? If so, the missing audiobooks may be in the backup and in the iTunes library on your computer.

OP
meddyliol

meddyliol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I didn't backup. The funny thing is, they all show on my Macbook in the 'settings' list in itunes and in 'On My Device'. I really don't know what is happening.

OP
meddyliol

meddyliol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iBooks seems to have changed overnight. When I switched the iPad on and went to iBooks, Collections now appear at the top centre of the page and lo and behold, audiobooks and PDF's now work. twerppoet answered to this effect so thanks to you (and everyone else who replied of course).

Thanks

Brian

Most reactions

Latest posts