What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audio mixer app

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
I want an app that can receive multiple audio inputs (mic, guitar signal, iTunes music) and mix them and output them to the earphone output. An added bonus would be the ability to record it all. It can be a standard app or a jail broken cydia app. Anyone know of such an app?

Bracken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
slothead said:
I want an app that can receive multiple audio inputs (mic, guitar signal, iTunes music) and mix them and output them to the earphone output. An added bonus would be the ability to record it all. It can be a standard app or a jail broken cydia app. Anyone know of such an app?

Correct me if I'm wrong ipadders, but I don't believe the iPad will handle more than one stereo input. What are you using as an interface?

OP
slothead

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
Bracken said:
Correct me if I'm wrong ipadders, but I don't believe the iPad will handle more than one stereo input. What are you using as an interface?

Well, what I was really considering was mixing iTunes music with my own audio input, but as I think about it, I'm not even sure how I would input my own audio. Isn't there an app that gathers an electric guitar signal as an input for miscellaneous editing? Maybe it requires a hardware interface. And if so, is there an interface that can add analog signals and provide the resulting addition to the iPad? Honestly, other than RF (wifi), I have no idea if the iPad can accept inputs (other than the camera and the mic).

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I'll preface this by saying that I haven't used any of these (and i may be misunderstanding what you are trying to do) but if you've got some spare $ you may want to check out the following hardware.....

Alesis I/o dock.
Behringer Xenyx ix series mixers.
Mackie DL1608

There are others but certainly these are a good starting point to see what the iPad can do.

The Archangel

OP
slothead

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
Ahh, Gabe, you are on the right track, but one thing I failed to explain. I want this to be as portable as possible. Ideally, I'd like to load this into an iPod or iPhone, and carry the capability around with me...

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
slothead said:
Ahh, Gabe, you are on the right track, but one thing I failed to explain. I want this to be as portable as possible. Ideally, I'd like to load this into an iPod or iPhone, and carry the capability around with me...

The problem here is that you want multiple inputs (reading your first post) and anything that's designed for multiple inputs is going to be larger just by the nature of the hardware it needs. You could just look at something like iRig/Amplitude.

The Archangel

Most reactions