What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there an app I can use to capture the audio output of another app?

Jackal8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey I am looking for an app that I can use to record the audio output of my iPad. I have the third gen mini. I'm going to use it to record my text to speech app so I can use it as narration for videos I want to create. Any suggestions?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The most reliable and sure to work method is a recording gadget plugged into the iPad. If you've got a laptop or desktop, you should be able to use that. You could probably do it with nothing more than Quicktime on a Mac (an included utility). A Windows solution is also possible, but I'm not familiar enough with Windows to suggest any software.

You could also use the Reflector app (for your computer). This lets you use AirPlay to Mirror you iOS device to a computer, and it has a record feature. I'm not sure if you can record audio only, but you could record video and then use a utility to pull the audio out of the file. There should be several available.

I'm not 100% sure this would work, but they offer a free trial, so it's something you could play with.

The the iOS only software only solution would be Audiobus, an app-to-app recording solution. But, apps must be written to use Audiobus, and I'm thinking it's unlikely that you can use it with iOS's built in text-to-speach feature. At least not in any old app.

Note: Auiodbus is pretty much an Apple approved service, since they support it in GarageBand.

Another Note: Just checked it out, and you can indeed record audio from your iPad using Quicktime on a Mac (OS X Yosemite or later).

Most reactions

Latest posts