What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audio books

john46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have audio books in mp3 format, anyone got any idea how to get them into my books on iTunes as every time I put hem on they go into my tunes and not my books.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In iTunes on the computer, right click on the mp3 file and choose Get Info. In the Options tab change the Media Kind to AudioBooks. It should move the file to the Books library in the left column. If you can't see Books under the Library section, turn it on in Preferences.

Now sync your iPad again, and the file should show up in the Audiobook section of the Music app (or iPod app if pre iOS 5).

MediaKind.jpb.jpg

brianwmay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't forget to click the Remember Position button, otherwise it'll start from the beginning every time.

OP
john46

john46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cheers for the info, as always much appreciated.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i don't have an audiobooks section on my music app. ???

Have you loaded any audiobooks? The category won't show unless you actually have audiobooks loaded. If you do have at least one loaded, check you music app and tap on the More tab. Audiobooks and podcasts should show there.

OP
john46

john46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I sorted it, thank you. I already had audio books on my ipad2 but these just dint want to be in there. They are now though.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I sorted it, thank you. I already had audio books on my ipad2 but these just dint want to be in there. They are now though.

Glad to hear it. I hope the other poster works out his/her prob, too.

Most reactions

Latest posts