What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AT&T Restricting Downloads - App's?

akracer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had been out of town for 3 weeks and when I returned yesterday found a card from AT&T stating:

"Some of you may use you existing mobile device to download purchases such as applications, ringtones, games, or wallpapers. As of June 15, 2010, the device you are using will no longer support mobile downloads."

I currently am using a Motorola Razer and iPad 3G on AT&T accounts. I have not been able to get in touch with AT&T yet. But, I assumming this is directed towards the iPads and iPhones? From now on it looks like we are going to have to download all of our app's from our snych'd computers instead of our mobile devices? Is this going to affect the downloading of iBooks, Kindle Books, and or digital magazine subscriptions?

Has anyone gotten in contact with AT&T for a better understanding of what's going on here?

Thanks,

Jim

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple needs to dump AT&T exclusivity, weather or not this message is all that it appears.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No such notification here. And why would AT&T care what I downloaded via WiFi?

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a notice being sent to users who still have older phones, some of which they are no longer going to support with downloads. Nothing for most people to worry about.

Most reactions

Latest posts