What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AT&T 3G Account.

mudpuppy45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my iPad for about ten months now and have never needed the 3G. I'm about to take a trip and may need the 3G. My question is can I have it turned on, pay one month, then uncheck the box toward the end of the month and not be charged for another month? Thanks.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd agree with DJ, but I notice you're in the Gulf. Where are you travelling to? If it's back to the US, then - for sure - AT&T do a PAYG (pre-pay) program. I can send you the details if you need them...

Tim

debbied88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just used the 3G for two months went to my account on the iPad and canceled. They sent me a confirmation email immediately. I will still have an account for two months? Don't quote me on that. After that time if I don't use the service, they will cancel out the account. You do have the option of canceling at the time you cancel the service. This means the next time you want the service you do the "application" again. This is very user friendly.

OP
M

mudpuppy45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd agree with DJ, but I notice you're in the Gulf. Where are you travelling to? If it's back to the US, then - for sure - AT&T do a PAYG (pre-pay) program. I can send you the details if you need them...

Tim

I live 10 miles north of the Gulf in Foley, Alabama. We're going to NC and VA. Thanks.

snowboarder8985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
debbied88 said:
I just used the 3G for two months went to my account on the iPad and canceled. They sent me a confirmation email immediately. I will still have an account for two months? Don't quote me on that. After that time if I don't use the service, they will cancel out the account. You do have the option of canceling at the time you cancel the service. This means the next time you want the service you do the "application" again. This is very user friendly.

Not sure about att, but Verizon gives you the whole month even, no matter when you turn off autopay. You can't pay for 2 months though at one time. It will just stay at one month and double your usage amount.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions