What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AT&T 3G account question

fisk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use AT&T for my cell phone so I obviously have an account with them. When I get my new Ipad tomorrow, and I want to activate the 3G service, will it be added onto my existing account, or do I have to set up a new account? The only reason I ask is because I read someone that mentioned activating their data plan and putting in CC number.

thanks.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It will be separate I believe. I could be wrong though, I only have the iPad. You will go to Settings > Cellular Data and set it up.

I will make sure that is correct!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is correct ~ and yes you will have to offer a credit card. It will automatically renew every 30 days.

You can stop it and restart at your pleasure.

Mathiss01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually just stop into your local at&t they will let you add your data plan to your monthly bill now and they give your first month FREE! I work for at&t this is a new thing we just started.

ajricaud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, if an AT&T SIM card was made into a mini SIM using one of those cutters, could it be used temporarily in a 3G iPad?

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes - You can use the card in the Ipad and it will work. The connectors on the micro-sim are the exact connectors on a normal sim. be careful when cutting as if you cut any of the circuit board, you will break the sim.

D Roc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I could use the micro sim from my iPhone 4 with unlimited data on my iPad 2? While that give me unlimited data? I have to carry around 2 iPhones with me everyday (One work and one personal) and the both of them have unlimited data. It would be great if I could just carry the one phone and iPad with unlimited.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iPF

ajricaud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - You can use the card in the Ipad and it will work. The connectors on the micro-sim are the exact connectors on a normal sim. be careful when cutting as if you cut any of the circuit board, you will break the sim.
Thanks, dragon

OP
F

fisk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually just stop into your local at&t they will let you add your data plan to your monthly bill now and they give your first month FREE! I work for at&t this is a new thing we just started.

Awesome! That's what i'll do. thanks for the reply.

ajricaud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Mathiss, I have a question for you. Years ago Cingular sent me a SIM card for international use. Does AT&T do the same if I ask for one? I assume the Cingular card will work if I get it activated, but it is not 3G.

Most reactions

Latest posts