What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you still happy with wifi?

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't need another monthly bill just for another 3G.

You don't have to have a monthly bill - if you're not using it, don't sign up and you don't pay. That was one of the selling points for me. I was signed up for a year on my old VAIO, and I used the $80/month service maybe 2 months of that year. I like that the iPad plan is cheaper (even the Satanic new ones), and can be used intermittently.

fairoasis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Totally thrilled with my wifi version. Have a tethered Droid and a hotspot on the Pre....I can't complain.

Aero320

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I write this response, I am sitting on a plane at DFW connecting to the Internet thru the wireless hotspot feature on my Palm Pre Plus from Verizon. The Verizon 3G network is excellent and coverage is as represented.

The other day, I pulled into a rest area in southern Al and set the phone up as a hotspot. Then made a phone call thru the Toktumi voip app on my wifi iPad and also had my laptop logged into our corporate network at the same time.

Worked well!

D

deoknam

I'm so happy with my 64G wifi , Im been taking it with me to every wifi spots available here in Manila. :):D:p

T-Bone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have a unlocked iPhone you can use MyWi, it uses your 3G data plan on your phone and turns it into a WiFi Hot Spot....so the idea is you can use your normal WiFi iPad and pick up your iPhone as a hotspot ;)

T-Bone

Bogy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the first place buying a 3g wasn't even an option, since AT&T doesn't provide service where I live. But I am more than happy to have spent the money on a 64g wifi instead of a 32g 3g. Last week I spent the better part of the day at a mall waiting for my family and used the Verizon stores free wifi. This morning I went with my wife to the hospital where they were running tests and used their free wifi. I use the wifi at home and work. So far I haven't missed 3g a bit. In a few months I will be switching to an android phone, and then I will be able to use it to tether my iPad. So I am perfectly fine with the fact that AT&T doesn't want me as a customer.

DoingOK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the WiFi in my house when I'm at home.....works great. On the road I have a Verizon MiFi 2200 with unlimited data plan that works great.

005-6.jpg

Flinthills

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the wifi for home & coffee shops. At work we have netgear wg103 wireless that will not connect to my iPad but does like the 16gb iPad of a co-worker. I'm still looking for answers on that one.

Fotonutz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Ellie

Like you, I only have the 16 GB WiFi iPad and I've been itching to change it for a 3G version. But I held back on my decision to get the 3G version.

Reason why I got this is to test out the ipad and I envisage that I'll be getting a 2nd gen iPad once it is out.

The WiFi version works for me as I'm using an Apple Airport Extreme at home which has an incredible range. To give you an idea of the range, my apartment is on the 8th floor and I'm able to use my iPad at the swimming pool which is situated about 100m (330 ft) away.

Even at that distance, I'm getting 2bars on my iPad wifi signal indicator.
I could probably go further if I bothered to.

So, if you are not on the road frequently, I think the wifi version should suffice.

But if you're really stuck on the idea of upgrading to the 3G version, better do it now while there is still a demand for the wifi version.:D

Cheers Ellie!!

aslan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WiFii not hooking up

Have new i pad will not hook to wifi at laquinta inn have tried every thing my mac hooks up fine. went to best buy and it hooked up fine

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Have new i pad will not hook to wifi at laquinta inn have tried every thing my mac hooks up fine. went to best buy and it hooked up fine

There probably isn't anything wrong with the iPad. I have issues with wifi at the LaQuinta at Charleston that I go to. Much of that has to do with the hotel routers getting overrun with numbers of people making it harder to get in and decreasing the performance. One of the drawbacks of the hotels offering wifi. They do try, in all honesty, but they really need to take a few more steps than they do to get it to truly work effectively.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cannot believe how accustom I am to having 3G. It is very handy for me, but both have limitations.

Most reactions

Latest posts