What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you going to buy the ipad pro 10.5 inch?

imlyana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you going to buy the ipad pro 10.5 inch?I just bought one.The new 10.5-inch iPad Pro has a slate of new features, but it also features new dimensions, which means my existing cases won't fit. So,i want to bought a new case for my ipad pro 10.5,but i dont want to pay 50$ for one ,it’s too expensive for me.Do you have any suggestions?

Dakotapix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Take a look at the Fintie line of iPad cases on Amazon. I just ordered the 2017 regular iPad and added a Fintie case for around $10. I used a Fintie on my iPad Air for about three years and it has held up well although it now shows wear. They offer several for the 10.5 line.

Willster

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, bought mine yesterday from John Lewis as it came with a free three year warranty. Just picked it up from my local Waitrose as the 64Gb in Space grey wasn't in stock at JL. I've ordered a cheap case (£6.99) from Amazon as the leather Kavaj case I want isn't available till next month.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Willster

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've received a £6.99 Moko case I ordered from Amazon. The front looks like the Apple cover but it has a Polycarbonate base to protect the back of the iPad. It will do until I get a leather one.

Tonyl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, bought mine yesterday from John Lewis as it came with a free three year warranty. Just picked it up from my local Waitrose as the 64Gb in Space grey wasn't in stock at JL. I've ordered a cheap case (£6.99) from Amazon as the leather Kavaj case I want isn't available till next month.

Atindra

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am an iPad mini2 user since past 8-9 months and very happy with it. I was planning to buy a laptop and was not even considering Apple due to its lack of ports, less compatibility outside Apple ecosystem and cost. However the positive impression of iPad mini and the new launch of two iPad Pro variants made me keep Apple as a viable and a preferred option. I started research and decided to go for tablet instead of a full fledged laptop because, I have a capable desktop at home so lighter, carry-everywhere type device and yet powerful enough was my prime preference. New iPad Pro 10.5 started ticking almost all the boxes and at the same time iOS 11 looked ever promising closing in to the desktop OS. The factors which influenced my decision are (I) Battery life, iPads have amazing battery life. The charge-discharge cycles are pretty consistent as per my observation with iPad mini 2, (II) awesome display, color accuracy, brightness and touch responsiveness. Photography is my hobby and possibility of handling RAW image files from DSLR and editing them with Affinity Photo or Lightroom, pushed me towards iPad, otherwise I was still keeping windows tablet option open, (III) the last but not the least is the combination A10X + M10 + iOS 11. I know my IPP is coming with 10.3.3 but the possibility of upgrade soon to iOS 11 is on the cards and that makes system very very formidable. I am looking forward to new beast, the iPad Pro 10.5

Regards,

Atindra

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all,

Photography is my hobby and possibility of handling RAW image files from DSLR and editing them with Affinity Photo or Lightroom, pushed me towards iPad, otherwise I was still keeping windows tablet option open, (III) the last but not the least is the combination A10X + M10 + iOS 11. I know my IPP is coming with 10.3.3 but the possibility of upgrade soon to iOS 11 is on the cards and that makes system very very formidable. I am looking forward to new beast, the iPad Pro 10.5

Regards,

Atindra

Just a comment on Affinity Photo. I'm a very very longtime user of Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom (and other RAW processors). I have an Ipad Pro 12.9 gen 1, love Affinity Photo on the iPad (also have it on Macbook but prefer Ipad). I still have Adobe CC sub but once I work out a workflow (I use external drives with Macbook for archiving back to 1999), I'll use Affinity only and cancel my Adobe subscription (right now I'm using a wifi WD drive with Ipad Pro and transferring to externals via Macbook). IOS 11 may give me more options or an easier way for workflow. An additional comment--a Pencil with Affinity Photo is terrific.

Might also add I was an MS Win user since 3.1, gradually switched to Apple after Ipad 1, then Iphone, now completely Apple and find the continuity, the consistency throughout and the Ipad improvement with each model and IOS update to have been the final push for me. I found I was able to use the Ipad more and more for business and personal and really look forward to IOS11.

Atindra

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just a comment on Affinity Photo. I'm a very very longtime user of Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom (and other RAW processors). I have an Ipad Pro 12.9 gen 1, love Affinity Photo on the iPad (also have it on Macbook but prefer Ipad). I still have Adobe CC sub but once I work out a workflow (I use external drives with Macbook for archiving back to 1999), I'll use Affinity only and cancel my Adobe subscription (right now I'm using a wifi WD drive with Ipad Pro and transferring to externals via Macbook). IOS 11 may give me more options or an easier way for workflow. An additional comment--a Pencil with Affinity Photo is terrific.

Excellent! And I am really excited, however my worry is the transfer of images from camera to my iPad, I guess the SD card reader will be handy. I might upgrade camera too, to a wiFi model.
I like to use different platforms and normally don't get wedded to one system and therefore the desktop system shall remain Win 7, while mobile will remain android. Another Apple product I might add, would be Apple TV, just waiting for some decent app support for it in India.

Thanks for your reply.

Atindra

jesskoh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPad pro 10.5 recently got quite popular in Singapore with quite a number purchasing it.

Campingshadow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Take a look at the Fintie line of iPad cases on Amazon. I just ordered the 2017 regular iPad and added a Fintie case for around $10. I used a Fintie on my iPad Air for about three years and it has held up well although it now shows wear. They offer several for the 10.5 line.

I bought the Fintie folio style case for my 10.5. I also have a screen protector on my iPad. I can not swipe with the Fintie case. Contacted Fintie and they sent me another one. Exactly the same problem. They do not know why it will not work but they refunded my money and showed great customer service.

Part of the issue seems to be the screen protector. It is also causing swipe problems even on a snap in case with no folio protection. (Folio style completely encloses the iPad for great security. Works great on an iPad with no screen protector).

Now working with the screen protector folks to find out why it is causing swiping issues. Totally unable to use the new multitasking features. Sigh.

But I dearly love my 10.5 and it is a wonderful step up from the Air2

Campingshadow

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I bought the Fintie folio style case for my 10.5. I also have a screen protector on my iPad. I can not swipe with the Fintie case. Contacted Fintie and they sent me another one. Exactly the same problem. They do not know why it will not work but they refunded my money and showed great customer service.

Part of the issue seems to be the screen protector. It is also causing swipe problems even on a snap in case with no folio protection. (Folio style completely encloses the iPad for great security. Works great on an iPad with no screen protector).

Now working with the screen protector folks to find out why it is causing swiping issues. Totally unable to use the new multitasking features. Sigh.

But I dearly love my 10.5 and it is a wonderful step up from the Air2

Campingshadow
I guess you'll have to work without a screen protector until the problems are solved.

Most reactions

Latest posts