What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are You Going Naked On your iPad Or You Using A Case And Or Screen Protector

sonicyouth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just saw a friend shared a kickstarter project on Facebook, called Rhino Shield.

It looks astonishing......Is it for real.?...
very impressed with the ball bearing drop test...
Has anyone saw this project?
I think I will back this project for my new ipad and iphone....

MadJoe86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a little over protective I guess, I have an Otterbox Defender with the built in screen protector on mine. I also have a Griffin Survivor series and I tend to switch back and forth from time to time..

thefirststep2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used to have all kinds of case and screen protectors... but now I don't care anymore. And I found the screen don't get scratched anyway.
I still have so many different cases ... just gave them away

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought my iPad4 last month and have a screen protector as well as a 'Snugg' leather case with pen. I am really pleased with the case, which also acts as a stand and turns off the iPad when it closes. I have also been looking around for a while, as what I would really like to find is a quality 'Man Bag' in leather (not canvas), that would take the iPad in its case plus usual man-bag bits ............................ any ideas on that?
Alex

kathrynkatied

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a keyboard with mine 99% of the time and I put the ipad face down onto it giving it ultimate protection when not in use but it does make it a bit heavy to carry in handbag. Have a smart case in girly pink for ipad -on the go !

kelB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mines protected with a screen protecter. From experience one screen protector is just as good as the next. I purchased the cheapest ones from amazon as I have done with iPhones in the past. Never had scratches or anything on any of my previous devices.

As with cases, I go for something with a snug fit, that protects the whole device. iPhone has had so many cases that I try out and my ipad had a leather case ( goji) where you slide the device in and secure with a Velcro tab underneath and the case has a cover that goes over the screen also and secures with an elastic strap.

So far it seems safe, tbh my devices are very much protected and I'm proper careful as I have respect for them lol

(This message was brought to you from my lovely new ipad)

yesitsNEIL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would be WAY TOO scared to keep the iPad naked without protection.

Got the iPad 2 weeks ago and the first purchase was a 360 swivel case cause wifey loves watching shows/movies on there...

Gotta pick up a Zagg for the screen. Just debating whether to get the full body, screen-only or the Smudge-free version.

(First post.) :D

kathrynkatied

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure what Zagg is ( will google it when logged off ) but it sounds great if it keeps the screen clean from greasy finger marks would probably save me a fortune in screen wipes! Think I'm going to get Pages word processing app as I went to buy an extra charger yesterday and was talking to the store Geeky Guy he has Page installed and said he has no problem with it although it is quite basic - sounds like a perfect match for me :eek:

Magnetic1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I learned that screen protectors, while doing its job fairly well, deserves some attention to details.
In my experience, I had bubble issues. It seems whenever there is a spec of a dust, a bubble will form right on top of it.
You can't get rid of the bubble without getting rid of the dust. But I'm living with the dust because I don't want to ruin the perfect alignment that I got going. The next time I will be more carefully wiping down the screen.
I like the case I got on both the iPad 2 and iPad mini. It's the Infiniappstand, which I must say is a bit pricey.

jes1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used to have all kinds of case and screen protectors... but now I don't care anymore. And I found the screen don't get scratched anyway.
I still have so many different cases ... just gave them away

I agree. I had an original iPad until I brought iPad 3 some time ago. I never used a screen protector, never needed it. Until recently I never used a case for either tablet either. Maybe I have lucky. But I use my iPad daily for work and home.

sonicyouth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
me too, cant stand any scratch.....I accidentally drop my new iPad...and the screen shattered....... :(

sherrygodmother

iPF Noob
Reaction score
me too, cant stand any scratch.....I accidentally drop my new iPad...and the screen shattered....... :(

How devastating. I did the same thing to my iPhone so I know how you feel. I would think by now a person could find someone to replace the screens. Even a " jail breaker ".... worth a try. It's toast anyway.

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use the Incipio Premium Kickstand case, works great. I have a Smart Cover as well, but I don't use it.

I don't use a screen protector and never will. I hate the air bubbles.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use the Otterbox with built in screen protector.

sanjup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just got a new leather cover, I have already used Silicon one.

Most reactions

Latest posts