What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are You Going Naked On your iPad Or You Using A Case And Or Screen Protector

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I love the shape of the iPad and didn't want to encase it all and lose that aspect of it. But I certainly needed protection. I have a screen protector, a clear snap on back cover that moulds to the shape of the iPad and a black leather smart cover. I regularly take the smart cover off, but when I'm moving about I use it, as it also acts as a better surface for grip. I worry that as the iPad is so smooth, it would be easier to slip out of my hands or rather that of my teenage daughters. When going nude, I think it safer to have some sort of protection :)

OP
aihna

aihna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I must agree to some of you! Sometimes its a lot better to use your iPad without any protective cases or screen. You can enjoy more your iPad and can really feel it! ;)

mich1986

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i agree, it's better to use your ipad without any protective stuff but if you're planning to sell it eventually then it's more practical to use one.

weizhen77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I regret going naked(for my iPad) while reading on my bed. The next day, got a 1cm scratch, half of it intrudes the display.

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So then it's not Gorilla Glass then if you're getting scratches.

weizhen77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like it, never had a single scratch on my iPhones. It's irritating, that scratch is distorting the lighting on the ipad display. Tried removing it with car paint scratch removal, doesn't seems to work...

Sundancekid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad 2 is fully protected by invisible shield (front and back) with leather folding case. This way, when i feel like using my ipad 'naked' it stays in its pristine condition, without the worry of sratches due to the protection of the ishield. Plus i find the ishield gives my ipad a more distinctive look because of the gloss or 'bling' from the gloss of the film. And when i need to use it for some serious use, i slip it back inside the leather cover or when i put it back on my bag together with my notebook.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I read some place that there are thin-film clear screen protectors that make it easy to view the screen in sunlight. Anyone know of such a clear screen protector?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read some place that there are thin-film clear screen protectors that make it easy to view the screen in sunlight. Anyone know of such a clear screen protector?

Most screen protectors will help, because they diffuse the light.

sherrygodmother

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems you can spend as much trying out different protection for the iPad as it cost, not quiet. I don't like to go naked. It feels slippery and I have a lot of glass tables that I'm afraid it will slip off.

For most everyday use I like the rubber back cover. Easy grip and won't get knocked off a table by a cat or grandchild as easily.

I had a cap but didn't know it's purpose until you smart dressers informed me it's a smart cap. Of course I have the smart cover but wasn't liking it. Now I see the two are going to be a good team for travel. Slip in and out of purse or luggage.

I should mention the iPad 2 rotating case. Not so handy.

Thanks! You've helped tremendously. Now if someone could help me get the date by the time at the top I'd be eternally grateful.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts