What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are You Going Naked On your iPad Or You Using A Case And Or Screen Protector

cypress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when i get my ipad i will be installing a screen protector and a skin cover for the back part and also getting a case/stand.

im putting down almost $750 for the 64gb model and i want to protect my investment with all that i can. when i got the zune HD, the first thing i did was install a protective case and the thing still looks brand spanking new. im a little OCD, so i cant stand scratches on any of my electronics.
Best to be a little OCD and protect your goods in case you ever want to sell them at a later date. If they are in near mint condition, it shoudl fetch a bit higher value.

deffinately! that has always helped me out

bettafan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The case I use is the Zaggmate keyboard/case for my iPad 2. Easy to type on and closes up and safe when done. Can still be charged when closed. When I am going out, I put the Zaggmate case with my iPad 2 in it, into a neoprene case to put into my purse or tote bag. Works great for me and I really like having a keyboard. As soon as Zagg gets the leather back skins ready for sale for the iPad 2 (you can see them on the Zagg. com site), I will be getting that too. Great protection in the aluminum case. Just using the leather skin for the back of the iPad 2. Am enjoying the iPad 2 and, of course, my iMac. :D

Azvjc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I couldn't have said it better. I have the clear joy factory on the back and a leather smart cover on the front. Having tried screen protectors on my iPhone, I found the feel is nothing like the feel of the bare touch screen. No protective cover for my iPad ... Ill just be careful when I use it.

djroyjax said:
Just bought the original iPad last month. Still going naked... I've seen too many friends with iPads with the protective film on it... and it has lots of bubbles. I'm thinking about a neoprene sleeve for it so I can just slide it in and out when I need it. I like holding the actual item in my hands as it was meant to be held.

I sorta agree with this. Although currently I have a screen protector, apple smart cover and joy cover on my ipad2. I like my iPad to be covered but I'm thinking about removing the screen protector. I don't really like the way it feels with it on... And also I just removed the screen protector on my iPod touch today after almost 2 years of it on and it really surprised me how great it felt without it on. It was also much more clearer and brighter as well. Maybe in the future I'll buy another one but for now it will go bare (not completely bare as there is back protection). But anyways, I'm thinking of removing the screen protector on my iPad. I miss the way it actually feels lol.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like to be naked every now and then, just to feel the awesomeness of it.

I am talking about the iPad. :)

Tsuintx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Went naked for about a week after getting my iPad2, but then went fully clothed. Got a smart cover and screen protectors off Ebay and I'm liking them okay.

The screen definitely feels diferent, but I'm okay with it. Spending 600+ bucks on the thing is enough for me to want to make sure it will stay spotless.

Plus, IMO, the cover makes it much easier to handle.

sp@nky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i just bought the Zigg sheild and ordered a hemp case online from ColcaSac. Thinking of purchasing the pixelskin HD wrap from Speck. cnet, pcmag and macworld all have roundups of different skins and cases.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
grayshark95 said:
I like to be naked every now and then, just to feel the awesomeness of it.

I am talking about the iPad. :)

I'm sure you do, Young One.

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

OP
aihna

aihna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the smart cover and ordered a clear back from eBay. It should be here tomorrow. I like the smart cover...it makes it easier to type and I can close it up quickly when I see little fingers going after it!! I don't like the feel of the screen protectors.

i think im gonna go try the smart cover.

Most reactions

Latest posts