What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you getting many notifications from iPF?

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Hi all,

In the last few days, I'm receiving many notifications from the iPF app as if someone posted in one of the thread I subscribed to. But each time, nothing was posted. I wonder if I am receiving these notifications simply because someone viewed the thread instead.

This is happening on the iPad 1. I rebooted, rechecked the notification settings, etc... Sometimes I can get up to 10 notifications from the same thread.

It started to do that a few days ago...

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The issue has been reported to the forum administrators. Not sure what's happening but it's pretty widespread.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yep it's been doing it to mine. Is there a way to turn off the notifications from the app?

ChristianaR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iJamesH said:
Yep it's been doing it to mine. Is there a way to turn off the notifications from the app?

In your ipad settings. Settings / Notifications / IPF. Turn them all off, if you wish.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, I believe there is a similar thread dealing with this issue started by dmlaty on Oct 26. Just to let you know that I have been having the same problem on my ipad3 and even though I have altered the settings not to receive notifications, I kept receiving numerous of the same together with pop ups. It became so annoying that I eventually deleted the ipad app and am now waiting till the matter is resolved. As pointed out, the administrators are aware and I am sure they will sort it soon.
Best of luck, I still love my ipad!

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, it's been happening to me, too. I turned off the notifications, starting with the sound. My iPad was pinging constantly.

Most reactions

Latest posts