What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

are you a mac or a windows user?

are you a mac or windows user

• I am a mac user

Votes: 203 25.3%
  • I am a windows user

Votes: 403 50.2%
  • I use both

Votes: 197 24.5%

• Total voters

CyberPrince

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Windows, I really love apple!
I think i make money for MacBook installah :

Sent from my iPad using iPF

danielgfreeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a very frustrated windows user. I have two windows notebook pc's and one windows desktop that I use for more power hungry programs such as video and audio production. My desktop is down for the count it seems after attempting a factory image restore in order to start from scratch, now all I get is an error message that says windows can not be installed on this hardware. I don't know why, it was installed on there three days ago. That has always been a troublesome unit in some respects though as it would NEVER recognize ANY iOS devices when plugged in via USB. Window 7 64bit. My two laptops are running, but they leave a lot to be desired with the vista os on them and their not so great spec. At least I cn still run photoshop and have all of my images on an external drive though. I am dying to go MAC and never look back, but alas, I currently have zero income once again....

Sent from my iPad using iPF

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Chromium OS (Vanilla) on HP Mini Netook and iPad 2
I also run an HP G60 running Vista Home Premium for when I need to go to the dark side.

d0ti5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Windows or Mac? No, no I am not. I am a Linux user - started with Redhat and then Suse, and now Ubuntu for the past four years. I like and dislike both Apple and Windows OS's for several different reasons. I like Googles approach in netbooks, Apple's approach in pads and phones. In the end, every software product, OS, tool, app, they all have limitations, they all have advantages, and it is what can you live with. I find that Linux is closer to my personal philosophy, and thus it works for me.

Peace. {8^{>

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Windows; however, after my last Ethernet issue for a week I am ready for something new...

Sent from my Verizon 64GB Black iPad2 using iPF

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
Windows; however, after my last Ethernet issue for a week I am ready for something new...

What happened to make you mad at Windows? Just curious.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
GlenL said:
What happened to make you mad at Windows? Just curious.

Too many drivers, towers, moving parts, etc. I guess I am spoiled by the iPad as it is just one piece of hardware that I don't have tinker around with. For some reason the Ethernet controller drivers suddenly disappeared and it took me all week to figure out that they were actually missing and that I needed to reinstall them. I had the disks so I thought great problem solved. BUT NOOOOOO.... That would be too easy!! Now I had to figure out which driver to install to get the dang thing working again. It Miraculously came to me on the Dell website after just ONE more shot at it. Whew, I was doing the holy ghost dance after that as I cannot buy another computer right now or put MORE $$$ into a 2004 Dell Dimension 8400.

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently switched to Mac- love it but still trying to figure everything out!

Most reactions

Latest posts