What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arabic language support in iWorks

ABOzala7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Dears,

Can somebody tell me if there is Arabic language support in iWors apps?
Even if the answer is no, Is Apple intends to do such great upgrade in future?
Also if there is any office app can support Arabic kindly tell me as I need it badly in my work.

Thanks a lot

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
From App Store:

Languages: English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish

I have no idea if/when Apple will add Arabic. Documents to Go and QuickOffice have even shorter lists for language support.

However that does not mean you can not create document in Arabic. It just means that the iWorks apps only support those languages for labels, menus, document names, etc. All you need to do to create the document is to go into go into Settings > General > Keyboards and add the Arabic keyboard. You can then switch to that keyboard in any (most anyway) app and start typing.

Or you can change the system language under Settings > General > International > Language.

Once you have more than one keyboard enabled you will see a World key to the left of the space bar. You use this to switch between keyboards. Tap it to cycle through the keyboards, or tap and hold to select from a list.

Most reactions

Latest posts