What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps will not install

badge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, this problem has been going on for a while. I used to be able to install apps from the App Store, but now they will no longer install. When I et on the App Store I can click on a free app and press the button that says "free" and then I can also press the "install" button... When I press that I see a little circle in the left corner that shows it is doing something, but nothing will happen. The app will not even go onto the iPad screen... It does nothing. I did find that all these apps that I TRIED to install in the "Purchased" tab, but they are not on my iPad.

Thank you soooo much for any help!! :D

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Badge - welcome to the forum! :)

For starters and if not already done, I would suggest following the steps quoted below - try to first force close the 'App Store' icon (make sure the app is not open), and if not effective then go on in sequence. If these steps do not help, then please post back. Good luck!

When an app (or several) are misbehaving, I usually go through the following steps:

1. Force Close - open the multi-tasking bar (double tap the 'home buttom' or use multi-gesturing and swipe up); press & hold an app until all begin to 'jiggle'; find the offending app(s) and press the 'red circle w/ minus sign' - return to the home screen & try again.

2. Restart - press & hold the 'Sleep/Awake' (a.k.a. power) button until a red slider appears (may take a few seconds) - move the slider to turn off the iPad; then press & hold the same button until the Apple logo appears - wait for a restart.

3. Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - this may take a longer time, so have patience; the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.

OP
B

badge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello! thank for you help, but none of these worked. The apps still do the same thing, they don't install.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello! thank for you help, but none of these worked. The apps still do the same thing, they don't install.

I'm not entirely sure about the problem here however, have you checked your Settings App to see if you have any restrictions set? If you do I'd switch them off and try again.

The Archangel

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Check in Settings>General>Restrictions and make sure that installing apps is turned on. If it's turned off, you can't install any apps.

image-207280544.jpg

OP
B

badge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you guys for your responses! I checked to make sure my installing apps restriction is on, and it was. So that is not the problem. And basically the apps just do not install, no matter how many types I press install it does nothing... They don't go onto the home page and even try to download, it won't do anything.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried going to the AppStore purchased list to see if the apps are there?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You wrote in your first post that they are in App Store - Purchased. The apps have to be somewhere.

How many homescreens do you have on your iPad?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You wrote in your first post that they are in App Store - Purchased. The apps have to be somewhere.

How many homescreens do you have on your iPad?

Hi again Badge - you have us (or at least me) stumped @ the moment - as above, make sure these apps are not 'hiding' on other home pages and/or in folders - you can also go to Settings -> Usage -> Storage; wait until your iPad's Apps load and see if any that are in your 'Purchased' area are present?

Also, reset your network settings and re-power your modem & router - may help; if you have had Wi-Fi issues where you are trying to update (e.g. at home), have you tried on a different network - might be a connection problem? In addition, sign-out & in to the App Store (might want to try that on another network).

Of course, you can go to Settings -> General -> Reset - consider 'Reset All Settings' - please read up on WHAT is done, but one of the last choices to consider - NOW, I'll stop there in case any of these suggestions works or others 'chime in' w/ better options - good luck & keep in touch! Dave :)

P.S. Make absolutely sure that your follow my 'Reset' choice (the bottom one) exactly as described - just saying.

Most reactions

Latest posts