What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

apps updates

bemvebob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I'm a newbie here Has anyone boughtba used ipad out there and updated the apps from the previous owner without the previous owners password. It came with some kids books apps now there are updates but keeps showing old owners e-mail and wants his password. I can down load apps with my account but won't let me update the ones already there????

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
bemvebob said:
Hi I'm a newbie here Has anyone boughtba used ipad out there and updated the apps from the previous owner without the previous owners password. It came with some kids books apps now there are updates but keeps showing old owners e-mail and wants his password. I can down load apps with my account but won't let me update the ones already there????

Sorry those are tied to the previous owner and without pw there is no way of updating. Since their credit card is tied to that account....I'm sure they wouldn't want you go on a spending spree at their expense. Might as well delete.

Last edited:

janeturner89

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry those are tied to the previous owner and without pw there is no way of updating. Since their credit card is tied to that account....I'm sure they wouldn't want you go on a spending spree at their expense. Might as well delete.
Maybe for this reason, agree to delete.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

As the other posters have intimated, you don't own those apps, they belong to the previous owner and are tied to their account. You should delete them all.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts