What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps not closing..!!

Mayank Bhatia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't why but neither rebooting nor switching off and then switching on after an hour or so is not closing my pad's apps.... I always have to close it manually...Anybody else with the sam issue..??

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just noticed that the other day too I'm on 5.0.1 iOS, on an iPad 2, I just thought it was the norm after that??

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The multitask list is just that, a list. It shows all apps that you have run in the order of the most recent. The presence of apps on this list dose not indicate that they are currently open, or even in RAM.

The most recent ones probably are in RAM. If they use one of the few background tasks allowed by Apple, they may be running (in a limited sort of way). Unless an app is bad, something goes wrong, or you need to shut down one of the background apps, there is little need to constantly close apps. The iPad (most of the time) does a decent job of clearing out older apps from RAM as needed: though iPad 1's are a bit needier.

But that does not remove them from the list. It never clears by itself. Only manually deleting the entries or restoring the iPad will remove them.

Here is more information on the subject, if you are interested.

Fraser Speirs - Blog - Misconceptions About iOS*Multitasking
Fraser Speirs - Blog - iOS Multitasking in*Detail

Last edited:

Most reactions