What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps crashing after JB

mrjaffa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently updated to 5.0.1 and jailbroken my iPad 2 using Absinthe. Ever since then, my apps often take 3 or 4 attempts to open. They try to open and then close instantly. I've restored it and JB again and the same is happening. This time when I JB I tried using it before I ran PKGbackup and it seemed ok. But then it did the same once I ran PKG. I tried uninstalling a few tweaks like SBSETTINGS that I had added but still did the same. Any ideas?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You will need to provide a more detailed list of the tweaks you have restored. There is likely to be one in there which is not IOS 5 compatible. SBSettings will not be the problem.

OP
M

mrjaffa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really think the only other one was infiniboard and I've tried removing that. I'll post a list of everything installed via Cydia soon....

devil00x

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oh no!!!
it's just for free apps and crack app is ok.
i think, its absinthe bug...

butterfly68za

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same issues, apps would close as soon as you opened them, springboard kept crashing, couldn't get the cracked apps to run, etc.

I restored to iOS 5.0.1 without JB and all is perfect again, won't be JB'ing anytime soon again.

OP
M

mrjaffa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same issues, apps would close as soon as you opened them, springboard kept crashing, couldn't get the cracked apps to run, etc.

I restored to iOS 5.0.1 without JB and all is perfect again, won't be JB'ing anytime soon again.

I think I found the problem. Did u use PKGbackup at all? I did and I think this has restored settings that were meant to be used with Jailbreak 3.0 for 4.3.3. I found in Cydia an app that was said it was for Jailbreak 3.0, can't remember what it was now, maybe PDF2 or something like that. Removed that and all seems fine now.

butterfly68za

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mrjaffa said:
Did u use PKGbackup at all?
I never even got that far to installing anything from the Cydia store. Straight after the Absinthe JB, the springboard kept crashing, etc. Wasn't going to diagnose by removing paid for Apps.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

MaxFm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got the same problem. Had PDF Patcher 2 installed. Everything is fine after removal. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts